Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-19-2013, 07:13 AM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Dear zooms....

Dear zooms,

This may not be easy, but please bear with me. We have been together for over 25 years. Don't get me wrong, I owe you a lot. You taught me almost everything I know now. You have been with me every step of the way and I STILL have feelings for you. Through good times and not so good, you have always been there for me. Thanks for that.
Times change and so do we. Over the years, I met a few primes but didn't pay attention. But about 2 years ago, I finally met her. Her name is A50 f1.7 and from the very first image, she talked to me. You know her, she's been with us ever since. Then I met her "younger twin", named F50 1.7. You may suspect I spend a lot of time with her, and it is true.
But it doesn't end there. Last week I met a much younger relative, named DA 35 2.4 and I found myself enchanted by her. To the point that within a week it felt like an old friend. She and my body became one.
Yesterday, I shot a paid gig. A "Quinceañera" (sweet 15). In our culture that ranks top just as a wedding. My gig was DA35 2.4 in my K20 and F50 1.7 in the K100D as secondary. You may have noticed you went just for the ride. They were never swapped. I think this was a sign of the new brighter and wider opened future.
As I said, I still love you. To be fair, I still want to meet your WR sisters. But you need to understand you no longer are the only one, or the premier one for that matter. Yes, I have yet to meet your DA* relatives, but let me remind you of the last name "Limited". I may need to get some metal gloves to avoid been hurt by sharp edges. I'm not blind, they have their temper too and make me walk back and forth. But I'm willing to pay the price.
Don't get mad at me. No need to zoom creep. I don't want to break your heart and I hope we can still be friends as I truly believe there is a place for all of you in my heart.

Best regards,

05-19-2013, 07:22 AM   #2
Moderator PEG Judges

The only problem is, there's lots of lovely ladies out there all vying for your amorous attentions.

Just look at my sig, I try to keep these ladies in line, but hey when I open Pelican 1510, they all call to me like the Greek Sirens and lure me in towards them.
05-22-2013, 06:58 AM   #3
Forum Member

This is hilarous! Love it!!
05-22-2013, 07:24 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The Prime Love Affair.

06-14-2013, 05:34 PM   #5

I love it! I am thinking of switching to primes, this cute little letter has convinced me but Im not sure I could ever give up my 70-200mm....
06-15-2013, 01:02 AM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ismaelg Quote
Then I met her "younger twin"
QuoteOriginally posted by ismaelg Quote
Last week I met a much younger relative
You are like a lens pedophile!

I´d like to see the results of the quinceañera!
06-16-2013, 11:19 AM   #7
Forum Member

I go with primes any given day! Er...besides my 10-17 Fisheye zoom...
06-16-2013, 11:25 AM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Diggoar Quote
I go with primes any given day! Er...besides my 10-17 Fisheye zoom...
For it dimensions and size, it quilify as a prime.
I also take it when shooting with primes B-)

06-16-2013, 11:27 AM   #9
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by carrrlangas Quote
For it dimensions and size, it quilify as a prime.
Yeah! I even use it at 10mm focal length exclusively most of the time! :-)
06-16-2013, 11:30 AM   #10
Pentaxian

I can relate, I got a 50 & 35 late last year and one or the other is almost always on my K-x. I've been leaning more to the 50mm lately, but the 35mm was my early favorite so it got a lot of use.