Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-26-2013, 12:53 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
50-135mm Focus problem

Quick question and recommendations:

My DA* 50-135, after almost 3 yrs, just developed an autofocus problem. Noticeably out of focus even through the view finder. No known trauma unless a kid found it and chucked it around without my knowing...manual focus is fine and I do shift the switch back and forth between AF and manual rather often.

Any trouble shooting tips before I send it in for repair?

And what are the thoughts, do I send in with the SageMax warranty (I bought it with 3 yrs) or send it right to Pentax?

Thx

05-26-2013, 12:58 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Eagle94VT Quote
And what are the thoughts, do I send in with the SageMax warranty (I bought it with 3 yrs) or send it right to Pentax?
Sounds like the lens might be out of Pentax's warranty (1 year in the US, 2 years in the EU and Canada), so your best bet would be to take advantage of the SageMax coverage.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-11-2013, 05:36 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
I ended up sending my lens to the Pentax service center. $68 to realign the lens focus - not sure what they did, but recently got it back and seems to be spot on now. Reasonable turn around time as well.