Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-02-2013, 12:01 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
problem with Takumar bayonet 135/2.5

I just got a Takumar bayonet 135/2.5 for next to nothing (actually nothing...came as part of small lot of lenses). When was removing the filter off the front, the entire front element began unscrewing. Had i kept turning, i would have probably removed it entirely. What does this mean, and Is there any way to secure it permanently? I am afraid to just tighten it further, as I am concerned that I may throw off the focusing. Any ideas/comments/suggestions? thank you in advance.

06-02-2013, 12:13 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The front element is held in place by an internal ring that threads onto the same threads as the filter. If you look closely you will small notches in the ring intended for a lens spanner wrench. You should carefully tighten the ring as much as you can by hand and if you have a lens spanner then tighten it completely. You won't cause any further problems by re-tightening though I cannot say if it getting loose in the first place caused an issue.

Just be extremely carefully when tightening the ring not to touch the glass with anything sharp!

This lens gets poor marks from many but I don't find it too bad, just remember to always use the lens hood and avoid shooting into the sun.
06-02-2013, 01:12 PM   #3
Veteran Member

If the complete front group assembly comes loose, just screw it back.