06-13-2013, 03:23 PM   #76
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by joe.penn Quote

These three were used:

Sigma 300 2.8 DG (New Condition): $1,400
Sigma 100~300 f/4 (Good Condition): $400
Nikon 85mm 1.8 D (Near Mint): $160

Hard to say which one was the best deal, all three are incredible lenses with all three sharp as a tack wide open, no stopping down needed for any of those. I have in the past got some pretty good deals on pentax glass but nothing as good as any of the ones listed above.
QuoteOriginally posted by joe.penn Quote
Actually, I have heard that one before...
Everyone said it back in the 60,s. I never understood it, I thought having a mother that wears army boots would be kind of cool.

06-13-2013, 04:44 PM   #77
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I hate discussions that deal with used prices, or refurb cameras. I do buy used lenses at times, but I don't trust camera refurbs.
That is definitely your perogative! I've never had a bad experience with a manufacturer refurbished camera. At any rate I picked up my d600 when they were running the specials before christmas - $2K included the 24-85mm kit lens (value $250-300), nikon external mic (another $100) and the swivi camera lcd loupe that I sold for about $80, all that and I got $90 back in adorama store credit...so it was a better deal than the current refurbished one anyway!
06-14-2013, 03:50 PM   #78
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pxpaulx Quote
That is definitely your perogative! I've never had a bad experience with a manufacturer refurbished camera. At any rate I picked up my d600 when they were running the specials before christmas - $2K included the 24-85mm kit lens (value $250-300), nikon external mic (another $100) and the swivi camera lcd loupe that I sold for about $80, all that and I got $90 back in adorama store credit...so it was a better deal than the current refurbished one anyway!
I got a refurbished Pentax K20D and image sensor had line in it, I got it on ebay, I returned it and they refund me for shipping and send me another and never had issue since.
New things can come with flaws as well so it's 50/50 only thing is you get longer warranty on new than refurbished.
In the UK they don't have 1 year warranties like here in USA they have 2 or 3 year Warranties. So really unless I lived in UK it's not all that worth it buying it new, because if you get it used it likely work for a year.