Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-09-2013, 05:53 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
An unlikely hook-up?

Greetings all,

I have recently acquired a Nikon EM SLR body. I would like to know what I need to use in order to make Pentax K-mount lenses compatible with the Nikon EM. (Is it even possible?)

Thanks.

Regards,

Tony

06-09-2013, 06:06 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That won't be possible without serious modifications to the lens or the body to be able to focus to infinity. The distance between the mount and the film is simply too long.

Here you can see that it's longer than Pentax: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flange_focal_distance
06-09-2013, 06:12 PM   #3
Site Supporter

You will need a corrective adapter, something like this: Pentax PK K Lens to Nikon Mount Adapter D5100 D7000 D90 D3100 D3S D300S D5000 D3 | eBay

Note that it has corrective optics to allow infinity focus. While this should work I don't see how the IQ will be very good. And of course it will be all manual. Why don't you get a couple of old Nikon F lenses? Or if you are keen to try film then Pentax bodies are not expensive.
06-09-2013, 11:35 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by VisualDarkness Quote
That won't be possible without serious modifications to the lens or the body to be able to focus to infinity. The distance between the mount and the film is simply too long.

Here you can see that it's longer than Pentax: Flange focal distance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thank you very much for your assistance.

Tony

06-09-2013, 11:37 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
You will need a corrective adapter, something like this: Pentax PK K Lens to Nikon Mount Adapter D5100 D7000 D90 D3100 D3S D300S D5000 D3 | eBay

Note that it has corrective optics to allow infinity focus. While this should work I don't see how the IQ will be very good. And of course it will be all manual. Why don't you get a couple of old Nikon F lenses? Or if you are keen to try film then Pentax bodies are not expensive.
Actually, I do have one Nikon Series E 50mm lens. I was hoping to be able to use all twelve of my Pentax lenses on the Nikon EM, however it does not seem possible.

Thank you very much for your assistance.

Tony