Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-15-2008, 12:03 AM   #1
Forum Member

Picking a lens to go with my V2XMFTC. FA 50mm F1.4?

I'm considering getting a FA 50mm f1.4 lens to use in combination with the V2XMFTC (Vivitar macro 2x tele-converter). Has any one else used this combination and would you be willing to post some images?

I figure I could use the 50mm lens as a portrait or low light lens and make it ~ equivalent to a 100mm macro lens when needed. Certainly there are always other lenses that tempt me as well (43mm, da70, etc)

I'd be interested to hear anyone else's experiences with this lens combination or any other lens suggestions.

Also my copy of the tele-converter does have contacts, so I could theoretically use it with a da lens as well.

Thanks!

03-15-2008, 09:05 AM   #2
JMS

My version of the MFTC does have contacts, however, it does not transmit "A" data. It'd suggest using it with an older MF lens, as the mount is a bit tight, and sometimes it's a real wrestle to get the lens mounted on it. I use it with an A-50mm f1.7. Here's a sample, with the lens set to f8.