Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-16-2008, 09:55 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
eeeekkkkk! Help

Ok I found a TAMRON SP 90MM F/2.8 MACRO 1:1 WARRANTY
Problem is I haven't had any response from the seller as to what camera it will fit on. I know some of them require mounts? But have heard that you loose light and sharpness this way. Just wondering if any one has any comments on this????? Thanks

03-16-2008, 11:55 AM   #2

There are Tamron 'Adaptall' lenses that require the correct mount for your body, whether it be Pentax, Canon etc. I'm not sure if the 90mm macro was made in Adaptall mount. The adaptall mounts cost $ too, for this particular lens, I would just search for a K mount. The adaptall cost would be easy to justify if you already owned or planned on buying more adaptall lenses, but not for just one lens. If you can show us a pic or two of the lens, someone could probably tell you which mount it is.

Matt
03-16-2008, 12:08 PM   #3

QuoteOriginally posted by loudbay Quote
There are Tamron 'Adaptall' lenses that require the correct mount for your body, whether it be Pentax, Canon etc. I'm not sure if the 90mm macro was made in Adaptall mount.
Matt
I am not sure if the f2.8 was made as adaptall lens (the f2.5 version was). There are several versions which are AF lenses, though. It might be hard to convert this to Pentax, and you will most likely loose the AF. Did you buy it already? If it is a non-adaptall I would get rid of it again if it is not Pentax. You can find Pentax versions quite frequently. How about some pictures of the lens and mount?
03-16-2008, 12:14 PM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by rmtagg Quote
Ok I found a TAMRON SP 90MM F/2.8 MACRO 1:1 WARRANTY
Is this the lens?
TAMRON SP 90MM F/2.8 MACRO 1:1 WARRANTY - eBay (item 170201233369 end time Mar-16-08 19:45:40 PDT)

Than see here:
Photo Division, Tamron USA

Note that this lens is most likely not sold any more new, the price seems much to high on the Tamron website since the AF version is about half the price.

So there indeed is an adaptall 90/2.8. - loudbay's post says it all.

Last edited by chse; 03-16-2008 at 12:20 PM.
03-16-2008, 12:46 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by chse Quote
Is this the lens?
TAMRON SP 90MM F/2.8 MACRO 1:1 WARRANTY - eBay (item 170201233369 end time Mar-16-08 19:45:40 PDT)

Than see here:
Photo Division, Tamron USA

Note that this lens is most likely not sold any more new, the price seems much to high on the Tamron website since the AF version is about half the price.

So there indeed is an adaptall 90/2.8. - loudbay's post says it all.
Yes, this is the lens. The only pic shown on the ebay link is not large enough to tell much about the lens. I can tell you that everyone here has been wonderful in helping me. I am just amazed at how much info has been shared. You have no idea how wonderful that type of support is for someone who has only been doing this since Aug 07
03-16-2008, 01:09 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Definitely interesting to see this f/2.8 lens to be an Adaptall lens. I think the posted price was for back in the day, though that's one high price. The Pentax Adaptall mount has two variations: the plain PK (probably around $20-$40) and the auto PK-A (this could be running from $70 to $100+). The PK-A does have fitting issue in some occasions. For the ease of use, I suggest to go with a native mount macro instead of these.