Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-27-2013, 02:48 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well it is clearly a supply and demand thing. There were only 24,000,000 vintsge Pentax lenses made, and they're ALL out of production.

I noticed that Pacific Rim Camera listed a K50/1.4 box-only WITH FOAM INTACT for $75. I can only imagine what I could get for my MESuper / M50/1.4 / AF200T boxed kit if I still had the packaging.

Last edited by monochrome; 06-28-2013 at 12:12 PM. Reason: y
06-27-2013, 03:35 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I tried to sell some lenses to Adorama for credit toward a used lens they had listed. They had my lenses for a month and gave me a terrible offer on them. Said "supply and demand" to mean that they weren't hot enough items. One of them was a K50/1.4. So, I guess they want it both ways. Ironically I could have sold both lenses here and bought their lens in a week, if they hadn't had them in their NJ warehouse.

Live and learn
06-27-2013, 03:45 PM   #18
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by VisualDarkness Quote
I blame the mirrorless cameras.
Me too. It is not just K-mount and M42 prices that are going up. The same is true for orphaned vintage Minolta, Konica, Canon as well as LTM and Contax (!) rangefinder glass! The price increases even extend to FSU rangefinder lenses. A good example would be the Minolta first generation (all metal) Rokkor MC-mount 35/2.8 A year or so ago these were languishing on the shelves at the thrift shop and could be picked up for almost nothing. I paid about $72 USD at KEH a few weeks ago for one in Ex+ condition to go with my SRT 101 and was happy to get it. BIN on eBay is somewhat less, but still more than what one would expect for a fairly hefty piece of glass in an orphaned mount. The items listed on eBay generally are promoted as "Works great on NEX".

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 06-27-2013 at 03:52 PM.
06-27-2013, 07:05 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I've been watching vintage lenses, and prices are way up. However, it looks like many of the overpriced lenses aren't actually selling very well. Many auctions on evil bay end unsold if they are listed at some high buy it now price.

Pentax new lens prices are also up dramatically, but it doesn't mean any of us are actually buying at those prices.

06-27-2013, 09:09 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Don't use the "FF" word here, please ... it will only makes the prices go higher ... J
Sorry Jean. It was an accident. It just slipped out. I will try to watch my language in future.
06-27-2013, 09:15 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kozlok Quote
Many auctions on evil bay end unsold if they are listed at some high buy it now price.
This is true, but has been so for a long time. There are several sellers that usually list things at about 4 times the going rate. (The word 'minty' comes to mind for anyone who watches the 'bay) I don't know if they ever sell anything but they only have to sell one to cover a lot of cost. Maybe it keeps their shop prices high, I don't know. And to be fair the condition is usually very good. But they've been doing it since before I started buying lenses in early 2010 so it must work for them.