Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
06-30-2013, 03:50 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
FA 77 Ltd beats it with its magic stick. Try a hood.

06-30-2013, 08:28 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by scratchpaddy Quote
We should start a TP Club! Cardboard tubes unite!

I've been meaning to do something like this ever since I saw that awesome setup of yours, and TropicalMonkey's question about single element lenses gave me the push I needed. Thanks for the inspiration.

I would love for this lens to get out more, but I worry about dust... and gravity.
QuoteOriginally posted by c.a.m Quote
Do you have plans to produce a WR version?
WR is way easier to solve than gravity!
Just tape plastic with water resistant tape from the lens to the cameras and you're WR. Gravity on the other hand isn't as easy to solve with plastic bags.
06-30-2013, 11:10 AM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by VisualDarkness Quote
WR is way easier to solve than gravity!
Just tape plastic with water resistant tape from the lens to the cameras and you're WR. Gravity on the other hand isn't as easy to solve with plastic bags.
How about cutting the other end off a condom and using it? Preferably unused
06-30-2013, 11:28 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Driline Quote
How about cutting the other end off a condom and using it?
Preferably for WR on a TP lens, not for its original purpose.

07-01-2013, 06:24 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Isn't a Holga lens a single element? Probably better quality than what you've got here.... and... wow, Holga has better quality than something. *Floored*

If you've got a few extra bucks, snag a 400mm Spiritone Sharpshooter. They go for $20-$50, and they're T-mount. But, you can take the lens completely apart just by unscrewing one section of the lens from the next. I snagged one with haze (but not fungus) for next to nothing. Had the entire thing disassembled on my desk in 5 minutes. Cleaned it and reassembled and was good to go. I think there's like 4 elements (memory fuzzy now), and a shitton of empty space in that lens. VERY simple, and it's really cool to see exactly how everything is assembled, and what element does what. (you can reassemble with elements omitted). Strangely enough, it takes halfway decent pictures. The 55-300 kit lens probably does better, but for $15 shipped I think I got a steal.

Charles.
11-06-2013, 01:53 AM   #21
Veteran Member

LOL!

But images are suprisingly good actually. Amount of CA is in its own.