Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-02-2013, 10:09 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
If thats the same Sears 135mm 'macro' lens that I think it is, its deliberately built that way. Stop it down, and you could well be surprised.

Same shot, a few seconds apart.

The Sears 135mm macro is known for its 'glow' when shot wide open and in macro mode. People seem to either love or hate the effect, but it can be controlled either by stopping down a bit (or a lot) or not shooting it at the 1:5 setting in macro mode.

I have that lens in both the A and manual versions, as well as a non-macro manual lens that is sharp even wide open.

This is from the non-macro Sears 135mm, shot wide open.

My only real issue with the things are that 135mm is awkward as hell on a cropped sensor. Not tele enough to be really useful, and too tele for much else.

EDIT: That lamp is cool as hell though, gives me ideas for some of the junk bodies I have collecting dust.

07-02-2013, 10:46 PM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very cool! Looks to be a reasonable alternative to using a shelf in the spare room closet.

Steve
07-03-2013, 02:09 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ChopperCharles Quote
Those are the only junk lenses I have. They're staying on the cameras making up the lamp. All my other lenses I use on my ME Super, Dakota/Cosina RZ2000 (K-mount), K-x, or K-01

Charles.
Nice. I want to make one with light stand, adding few more bodies, a FA85/1.4, K50/1.2, ...
07-03-2013, 02:57 AM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Ah, this is the important part I remember someone turning an SLR into flower pot by just putting earth into the mirror box