Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-04-2013, 04:00 AM   #16
Senior Member
topace's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 196
Inside the current range of limited primes, All that's missing is an FA limited style between 55 and 60 at f/1.8 or faster. But most people would probably just get the DA *55/1.4 instead.

Outside those ranges, however, there's room for interesting lenses. Something between 120-150 and 2.4 or faster would probably sell. As would an FF capable ultrawide (somewhere around 17 f/2.4 perhaps).

07-04-2013, 05:21 AM   #17
Pentaxian
bdery's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec city, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,657
QuoteOriginally posted by tclausen Quote
Not the OP, but I'd really really like to see an FA Limited 135/2.0 (note, FA - as I want to sidestep your APS-49mm-rule) or faster. Or a DA Limited 135/2.0, just to violate the rule. Either way, Pentax is doing quite nicely in the shorter end of the focal length spectrum, but the jump in primes from the 77mm FA Limited to the DA*200/2.8 is rather brutal.....
There's the 50-135, not a prime but with IQ to rival any prime.

QuoteOriginally posted by jaeaetee Quote
I think there is a place for a fast APS-C 24-28mm lens, preferably an affordable one.
We're still discussing limiteds?

QuoteOriginally posted by jaeaetee Quote
there's the 21mm limited, which is only f/3.2 and slightly too wide, maybe
Take a step forward and you're set.

QuoteOriginally posted by jaeaetee Quote
Sigma has 20, 24 and 28mm f/1.8 lenses, which all have crappy corner sharpness. Same story with the 30mm f/1.4.
Because they are pushing the apertures to get a wide maximum.
07-04-2013, 07:02 AM   #18
Veteran Member
tclausen's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,399
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
There's the 50-135, not a prime but with IQ to rival any prime.
Oh, I know that. But, I am sure that you agree, the 50-135 does not rival the compactness of any prime, let alone of a limited prime
07-04-2013, 08:56 AM   #19
Pentaxian
bdery's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec city, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,657
QuoteOriginally posted by tclausen Quote
Oh, I know that. But, I am sure that you agree, the 50-135 does not rival the compactness of any prime, let alone of a limited prime
True. The DFA macro WR is probably the closest then. I'd sure love to see a 135 prime (or even a 150, Pentax has nice designs for these two FL already). On APS-C 150 actually makes more sense, I think. I've used 100, 120, 135 and 150mm primes, and the 135 was the least comfortable to me. 100, 150 and 120 (in that order) felt better.

07-04-2013, 11:20 AM   #20
Veteran Member
tclausen's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,399
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
True. The DFA macro WR is probably the closest then. I'd sure love to see a 135 prime (or even a 150, Pentax has nice designs for these two FL already). On APS-C 150 actually makes more sense, I think. I've used 100, 120, 135 and 150mm primes, and the 135 was the least comfortable to me. 100, 150 and 120 (in that order) felt better.
Well, if Ricoh releases any limited in the 100-150 range, then I'd be excited. I'd hope that they'd release a "quirky" focal length, though, like an 144mm/1.8 - just because that's what the Limiteds should be ....
07-04-2013, 01:04 PM   #21
Pentaxian
bdery's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec city, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,657
QuoteOriginally posted by tclausen Quote
I'd hope that they'd release a "quirky" focal length, though, like an 144mm/1.8 - just because that's what the Limiteds should be
f1.8 is unlikely, but anything f2.8 in that range, with a 49mm thread, would make sense.

The M120 f2.8 has a 49mm thread, they could re-use that design. their 150 also, but it's f3.5. I agree that a weird focal length would add some fun to it, but the DA limiteds are not that quirky : 15, 21 (maybe the oddball here but it's not that weird), 35, 40, 70. And 100 if you want...
07-04-2013, 01:29 PM   #22
Site Supporter
jcdoss's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kansas City, MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,805
How about 141mm, f/3.3? That'd be cool. No, maybe it wouldn't. But I agree, something in the circa 135mm range would be pretty nice to round out the collection. The 100mm, 120mm, and 150mm older lenses were quite small.
07-04-2013, 04:01 PM   #23
Pentaxian
Pål Jensen's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Norway
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,064
QuoteOriginally posted by tclausen Quote
Not the OP, but I'd really really like to see an FA Limited 135/2.0 (note, FA - as I want to sidestep your APS-49mm-rule) or faster. Or a DA Limited 135/2.0, just to violate the rule. Either way, Pentax is doing quite nicely in the shorter end of the focal length spectrum, but the jump in primes from the 77mm FA Limited to the DA*200/2.8 is rather brutal.....


Pentax designed an FA* 150/2 but it never saw the light of day....

07-04-2013, 08:29 PM   #24
Junior Member




Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Batam
Posts: 43
Some fast DA prime lenses like 85mm F1.2 or F1.4 and DA zoom 70 - 200 F2.8. that will be nice.
07-04-2013, 09:33 PM   #25
Pentaxian
carrrlangas's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cottbus (Berlin)
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,738
QuoteOriginally posted by ignmar Quote
Some fast DA prime lenses like 85mm F1.2 or F1.4 and DA zoom 70 - 200 F2.8. that will be nice.
those already exist as 24x36mm equivalents: DA*55/1.4 and DA*50-135/2.8
07-04-2013, 11:17 PM   #26
Junior Member




Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Batam
Posts: 43
QuoteOriginally posted by carrrlangas Quote
those already exist as 24x36mm equivalents: DA*55/1.4 and DA*50-135/2.8
ups my bad, i forgot about digital pentax is crop sensor. i'm just went digital hehehe
07-05-2013, 12:17 AM   #27
Veteran Member
tclausen's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,399
QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
Pentax designed an FA* 150/2 but it never saw the light of day....
Well, Pål, now would be an excellent time for them to drag that particular rabbit out of the hat, so as to amaze appease the audience

Did any photos of the prototype of that 150/2 ever escape to the Internet?
07-05-2013, 12:38 AM   #28
Pentaxian
Clavius's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: De Klundert
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,115
Reading quickly through this thread, it appears that there are exactly as many whishes as there are people.

Pentax likes to work together with Tokina, and shopping around on their site I see a lot of oppertunities.

Offtopic: Wow, there is an AF 300mm mirrorlens for M4/3 on the Tokina site. That's cool. Useless, but cool.
07-05-2013, 12:40 AM   #29
Pentaxian
carrrlangas's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cottbus (Berlin)
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,738
QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Useless, but cool.
Unless on a tripod... Which defeats the purpose of a mirrorles? ok, I get it. But options are always good.
07-05-2013, 10:51 AM   #30
Site Supporter
Aristophanes's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,790
Pentax is missing a WR wide prime, likely a Limited. We have the DA*55 and the 100 Macro WR, but nothing wider that is WR.

Perhaps their wide zoom may be the answer or take the 16-50 at its widest, but no wide WR is an issue and likely has a bearing on FF development.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
k-mount, pentax lens, slr lens
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
So is there any FF in development / Zeiss lenses? olimatt Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 8 09-29-2012 10:27 AM
Is there any type of third party lens hierarchy? jeryst Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 8 01-02-2010 08:00 PM
Is there any info about PENTAX-DA 1.4X REAR CONVERTER SDM? ogl Pentax News and Rumors 18 10-01-2009 06:17 AM
Is there a T/C planned for SDM lenses? alexeyga Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 5 06-27-2009 08:02 PM
Is there any planned 28-75mm (+/-) f/2.8 lens from Pentax ? Enc0der Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 22 05-26-2009 05:37 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:20 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top