Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-17-2008, 11:14 PM   #1
New Member
Tony's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hertfordshire UK
Posts: 24
Tamron 17-50 in stock in UK

SRS in Watford have 4 in as of this morning.......go get em UK'ers

03-18-2008, 09:09 AM   #2
Senior Member




Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 134
QuoteOriginally posted by Tony Quote
SRS in Watford have 4 in as of this morning.......go get em UK'ers
Awesome, didn't you ordered yours from Japan? Did it arrive yet?

Just a reminder, B&H has started taking pre-orders here in the United States for Tamron's 17-50mm f2.8.

Cheers.
03-18-2008, 12:57 PM   #3
New Member
Tony's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hertfordshire UK
Posts: 24
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gerbilbox Quote
Awesome, didn't you ordered yours from Japan? Did it arrive yet?

Just a reminder, B&H has started taking pre-orders here in the United States for Tamron's 17-50mm f2.8.

Cheers.
Yep got it today. I have been unlucky though. Severe front focus and i will have to send it back. Did not need to do an accurate test as the focus is so badly out. Posted details on the post in dpreview.com
03-18-2008, 01:14 PM   #4
Senior Member
ankit's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cambridge, MA
Posts: 140
Tony, saw your post on dpreview. Sadly, this looks like a "feature" of this first batch for the pentax mount. Might make my decision easier (I am trying to decide between this, the 16-45/4 and the 21/3.2). It might still be worthwhile to post some focus chart tests so we have some sort of a reference to compare against.

03-18-2008, 01:17 PM   #5
Senior Member




Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 134
QuoteOriginally posted by Tony Quote
Yep got it today. I have been unlucky though. Severe front focus and i will have to send it back. Did not need to do an accurate test as the focus is so badly out. Posted details on the post in dpreview.com
Oh man, all that waiting and now all that trouble.

I'm still hoping that it's just a fluke of a few handful of samples so far. I'm still going to go ahead with my pre-order.
03-18-2008, 03:30 PM   #6
New Member
Tony's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hertfordshire UK
Posts: 24
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gerbilbox Quote
Oh man, all that waiting and now all that trouble.

I'm still hoping that it's just a fluke of a few handful of samples so far. I'm still going to go ahead with my pre-order.
You should but not from Japan LOL
03-18-2008, 03:34 PM   #7
New Member
Tony's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hertfordshire UK
Posts: 24
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ankit Quote
Tony, saw your post on dpreview. Sadly, this looks like a "feature" of this first batch for the pentax mount. Might make my decision easier (I am trying to decide between this, the 16-45/4 and the 21/3.2). It might still be worthwhile to post some focus chart tests so we have some sort of a reference to compare against.
To be honest i am really fed up with it and have had enough of the thing. Sorry but not going to go through all the focus chart stuff when the lens cant focus right on a flat plain. Good luck with what you choose.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
k-mount, pentax lens, slr lens
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K5 now in stock in the UK PMunks Pentax K-5 1 10-24-2010 07:14 AM
Anyone here knows about stock exchange?l rustynail925 General Talk 8 03-13-2010 10:59 AM
Why it says in stock...for the K7 LosAnJulien Pentax News and Rumors 3 07-01-2009 09:38 PM
Tamron 70-200mm f2.8 now in stock rsi1986 Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 0 10-30-2008 07:49 PM
FA 77mm F/1.8 in stock! Bori Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 1 03-27-2007 05:22 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:52 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top