Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-17-2008, 11:14 PM   #1

Tamron 17-50 in stock in UK

SRS in Watford have 4 in as of this morning.......go get em UK'ers

03-18-2008, 09:09 AM   #2

QuoteOriginally posted by Tony Quote
SRS in Watford have 4 in as of this morning.......go get em UK'ers
Awesome, didn't you ordered yours from Japan? Did it arrive yet?

Just a reminder, B&H has started taking pre-orders here in the United States for Tamron's 17-50mm f2.8.

Cheers.
03-18-2008, 12:57 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gerbilbox Quote
Awesome, didn't you ordered yours from Japan? Did it arrive yet?

Just a reminder, B&H has started taking pre-orders here in the United States for Tamron's 17-50mm f2.8.

Cheers.
Yep got it today. I have been unlucky though. Severe front focus and i will have to send it back. Did not need to do an accurate test as the focus is so badly out. Posted details on the post in dpreview.com
03-18-2008, 01:14 PM   #4

Tony, saw your post on dpreview. Sadly, this looks like a "feature" of this first batch for the pentax mount. Might make my decision easier (I am trying to decide between this, the 16-45/4 and the 21/3.2). It might still be worthwhile to post some focus chart tests so we have some sort of a reference to compare against.

03-18-2008, 01:17 PM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by Tony Quote
Yep got it today. I have been unlucky though. Severe front focus and i will have to send it back. Did not need to do an accurate test as the focus is so badly out. Posted details on the post in dpreview.com
Oh man, all that waiting and now all that trouble.

I'm still hoping that it's just a fluke of a few handful of samples so far. I'm still going to go ahead with my pre-order.
03-18-2008, 03:30 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gerbilbox Quote
Oh man, all that waiting and now all that trouble.

I'm still hoping that it's just a fluke of a few handful of samples so far. I'm still going to go ahead with my pre-order.
You should but not from Japan LOL
03-18-2008, 03:34 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ankit Quote
Tony, saw your post on dpreview. Sadly, this looks like a "feature" of this first batch for the pentax mount. Might make my decision easier (I am trying to decide between this, the 16-45/4 and the 21/3.2). It might still be worthwhile to post some focus chart tests so we have some sort of a reference to compare against.
To be honest i am really fed up with it and have had enough of the thing. Sorry but not going to go through all the focus chart stuff when the lens cant focus right on a flat plain. Good luck with what you choose.