Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-18-2008, 03:50 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Pentax-A 50mm F1.7 Troubles

I just bought a Pentax A 50mm F1.7 used, which came in today. When I turn the aperture ring, it will turn from 1.7 to a bit past 8, but then will not turn any further.

Thoughts as to the cause? Anything I can do other than try to return it for my money?

03-18-2008, 06:05 PM   #2

That is most likely due to a common problem with this lens. There are two metal clips in the lens which come loose after a while. They normally lock the aperture ring in the A position, or prevent you from going to A without pushing the knob. It is easy to fix by just removing the loose clip since you do not really need this function. You will have to remove the mount, than you can pull back the aperture ring and than should be able to remove the clip. Be really careful when doing this there is a spring loaded ball which will fly off. Best do it in a plastic bag. It is also a bit tricky to press the ball on the spring and than slide the ring over it when reassembling.

Generally I would leave negative feedback (if this was ebay) since it is quite sure that the seller knew about the fault.
03-18-2008, 06:11 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Or contact the eBay seller and ask to return the lens. Maybe they didn't know? You always should contact your seller before leaving negative feedback!
03-18-2008, 06:17 PM   #4
krs
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I have already emailed the seller. We will see what he says to say....

Thanks for the feedback!