Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-26-2013, 08:40 AM   #46

QuoteOriginally posted by RyanS Quote
Sunset has called me twice since I cancelled the claim on Amazon and left negative feedback. On the last one they left a message saying that they had received the original Pentax lens hood and would like for me to call them back. I assume they want me to delete my negative review and in return they will send me the hood. I've already bought a Pentax hood and they had a chance to do the right thing in the beginning so I will continue to ignore their calls.
Thats funny you say that. Not even 5 min ago a rep called me and told me that my hood has already shipped out. Sent me an email with a tracking number for it. Seemed like he wanted to say more but he didnt. Im sure ill receive a call back in a few days asking to change my review (I stated in my review i would not give 5 stars until my problem is fixed). I guess ill see.

07-26-2013, 10:41 AM   #47

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by 545DOOM Quote
Thats funny you say that. Not even 5 min ago a rep called me and told me that my hood has already shipped out. Sent me an email with a tracking number for it. Seemed like he wanted to say more but he didnt. Im sure ill receive a call back in a few days asking to change my review (I stated in my review i would not give 5 stars until my problem is fixed). I guess ill see.
Considering how they have handled this transaction I would say they should not rate a 5 star review. Those should be reserved for items that arrive quickly and as stated in the product description.
07-26-2013, 10:56 AM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RyanS Quote
Considering how they have handled this transaction I would say they should not rate a 5 star review. Those should be reserved for items that arrive quickly and as stated in the product description.
Absolutely. I would write up an addendum stating clearly, factually, and briefly the subsequent actions and possibly increase the rating to a neutral one.
07-26-2013, 06:28 PM   #49
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I caught the hood thing and accepted that. But gave a poor rating for shipping - ordered on 7/7 and received on 7/27 via the ridiculous FEDEX/UPS pipeline. Critiqued that and received an email requesting I "correct" my review and they'd remit the postage.

Nope! A review of service is a review of service. Period. The shipping cost was fair - the choice of method sucked. That deserved to be stated.

H2

08-07-2013, 09:57 PM   #50
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Just to follow up on this. I picked up a Tamron 1D3FH hood (for the 28-105) on eBay. Its diameter and shape look great but it doesn't quite fit perfectly on the Pentax 18-135. It doesn't rotate far enough. I think I can remove some material (red) to allow it to rotate until the marks line up (green) so it's aligned properly. But it's not quite a drop in replacement.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375937851.658245.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  91.0 KB
08-08-2013, 02:45 PM   #51
Forum Member

When I bought my new K 5 II + the 18-135mm WR lens last August 5, 2013 I also got a hood.

So it really seems to be true, as Docrwm already mentioned, that Pentax does NOT package the 18-135mm lens without a hood.
11-12-2013, 06:24 AM   #52

Photos: Gallery
I bought a 18-135mm yesterday and it arrived this morning without a hood. It apparently was part of a set, because one could see the box it came in, had no label on it (was damaged too...)
On Marktplaats I aw an advertisement of someone who bought a K-30 without the 18-135 and found a hood in the box together with the K-30.
So I mailed him that I would like to buy this hood (which he got for free and asks 30 Euro for) for 25 Euro.
Seems a good deal both for him and me??
All genuine 18-135 hoods are sold out in the Netherlands btw.