Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-08-2013, 12:02 PM   #1

Lens Help

Moderators if by this is in the wrong section then please by all means move it to the correct area.

I just recently bought a Falimar 1:3:8 f= 85~205mm lens & am wondering if it should fit on Asahi Pentax K 1000 model. I have tried to attach it, but it seems to not fit or am I not hitting the correct spot for attachment. Also if this lens does not fit correctly is there an attachment that I can buy & use to fit this lens with the camera?

07-08-2013, 01:03 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not familiar with Falimar. Is spelling correct?

The lens needs to be k-mount and since it is a third party lens it could be just about any mount. Why do you think it will fit Pentax? Are there any markings on it to indicate that?

Also, it is possible someone may be able to identify the lens from a picture if you can post one or provide a link. If you bought it online a link to the listing would also help.
07-08-2013, 01:17 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Not familiar with Falimar. Is spelling correct?

The lens needs to be k-mount and since it is a third party lens it could be just about any mount. Why do you think it will fit Pentax? Are there any markings on it to indicate that?

Also, it is possible someone may be able to identify the lens from a picture if you can post one or provide a link. If you bought it online a link to the listing would also help.
Just spoke with a Van Tuil Camera Shop in Meadville & had basically answered the question for me. I was not sure if it would fit a K mount but it seems not to be able to
As for markings I do not see any markings to state such as it would nor would not fit. I can post a few photos of it later this evening. The K 1000 was the very first camera I ever used quite many years ago, since digital cameras had made their way into the public eye, I have using them more often now.

This is my 1st time in countless years to start using a SLR again.
07-08-2013, 01:31 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, K-mount lenses will work on both digital and film. Although the newer DA series may not work on all film cameras. There are numerous vintage k-mount lenses available. For the k-1000 look for Pentax SMC (often called K series) or Pentax-M series lenses. Look here: Pentax Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database for lens information.

Sorry the lens you have does not work. Hopefully you can return it.

07-08-2013, 02:26 PM   #5

Original Poster
Well, K-mount lenses will work on both digital and film. Although the newer DA series may not work on all film cameras. There are numerous vintage k-mount lenses available. For the k-1000 look for Pentax SMC (often called K series) or Pentax-M series lenses. Look here: Pentax Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database for lens information.

Sorry the lens you have does not work. Hopefully you can return it.
I bought it thru E Bay on Friday for about $15.00 I may either hold on to it & give it to a family member whom uses SLR Cameras (not sure what kind though) or may even put it back on E Bay myself. Thanks for the link on the lens information I will have to seriously check it out.
07-08-2013, 02:45 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Post the eBay link to the item you purchased. Could help 'us' to help you
07-08-2013, 02:52 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by emtfire10 Quote
give it to a family member whom uses SLR Cameras (not sure what kind though)
Just FYI but there are at least a dozen SLR camera mounts. Pentax, Nikon, Canon, Minolta just to name a few. So you need to match the lens with the mount. Sorry if you knew that but wanted to make sure you did. If you want to post the listing I might be able to tell which mount it is if they have decent pictures.

Best.
07-08-2013, 02:53 PM   #8

Original Poster
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151074324477?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

07-08-2013, 02:54 PM   #9

Original Poster
Just FYI but there are at least a dozen SLR camera mounts. Pentax, Nikon, Canon, Minolta just to name a few. So you need to match the lens with the mount. Sorry if you knew that but wanted to make sure you did. If you want to post the listing I might be able to tell which mount it is if they have decent pictures.

Best.
Jatrax no problem at all I appreciate the help.
07-08-2013, 02:59 PM   #10
Site Supporter

FWIW, that link doesn't show that lens you bought, it shows a kallimar for Pentax.
07-08-2013, 03:01 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks like Olympus OM, I think. Can't be positive that's not a great picture.
07-08-2013, 03:05 PM   #12

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
FWIW, that link doesn't show that lens you bought, it shows a kallimar for Pentax.
That is the lens I bought. I am going to try & get some better photos of it later this evening & post them.
07-08-2013, 03:32 PM   #13
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Looks like Olympus OM, I think. Can't be positive that's not a great picture.
I'm pretty sure it is OM also, I can see the two levers and the lock pin.
07-08-2013, 04:05 PM   #14
Site Supporter

I see, you misspelled it start with, not F alimar but Kalimar.
07-08-2013, 05:29 PM   #15

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
I see, you misspelled it start with, not F alimar but Kalimar.

My apologies, I did not even catch till now. TY