Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-08-2013, 04:43 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Dayum KEH I'm Impressed.....

Ordered a lens very late Saturday night which means they probably got the order Sunday when they came in later. It was done and sent first thing today. It's due here Weds. How's that for fast? :P I didn't realize that they were so close. I thought they were in NYC for some reason. Hope the lens is as good as their shipping was fast, lol. Probably will be I've never had a bad lens from them actually. $25 "bargain lens" or not I doubt I'll have any complaints. Their bargain lenses are usually great.

07-08-2013, 04:53 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Yep, right there in Smyrna. I went to college not 20 minutes away from them. This can be a bad thing...

If you're in the Metro Atlanta area (maybe the whole state, I don't know what the limit is), they'll give you 2-day shipping for $7. Gotta order by phone, though.

Enjoy your lens. What was it? Do tell!
07-08-2013, 05:56 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I love me some KEH :P
Yes you aren't usually getting the best prices but their lenses seem to be in better condition than their grade and they are quick
07-08-2013, 06:08 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K.E.H. equals L.B.A.

Last edited by THoog; 07-08-2013 at 06:14 PM.
07-09-2013, 12:39 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I got this. It's a bit of a sleeper lens for the type from what I am reading. I've been seeing it for like $85-100 unless it was a lens with an issue. $120 new if you can find it. It's been discontinued. I got it for $25, bargain lens. Could not resist that. I've been wanting an AF lens in that range and the reviews were pretty good.

There are several version of this lens. I, II, and III, of the 3 the last is the only one people seem to like and that's the one I got. It was improved a lot apparently after the first two. The first two were apparently clunkers, but III I've now seen quite a few people saying that they like it so I thought I'd give it a shot. I've been looking at them for a while but this was the first one I saw that I really thought was a bargain.

I trust KEH. I have bought 3 AF lenses from them, all ranked bargains, and they're all great. Not a clunker among them. This lens? Cost me my junk food and a movie out this month, but that's okay. I hear The Lone Ranger sucked anyway, and I can live sans the Big Mac and FF.... :P

Sigma 28-105mm F3.8-5.6 UC III Lens Reviews - Sigma Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database
07-09-2013, 01:51 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Tonto was o.k. but The Ranger wasn't exactly Clayton Moore.
07-10-2013, 01:01 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Looks great so far. No lens caps or lens hood, but that's easily fixed, via Amazon though it will add $10 to my lens total I suppose. I unfortunately don't have an extra 62mm or K mount cap set at hand to use so I'll have to hit Amazon and see what I can find that doesn't cost a small fortune. Lens looks new otherwise. No creepies and it seems to be working okay at every aperture but I won't know for sure if it's really okay until I really check it out. That will have to wait until tomorrow. I'm beat. It's been a busy few days here and right now I'm off for a nap. I'm way too darned tired, too tired to even really check out a new lens. :P