Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-09-2013, 01:36 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
question about Super-Tak 150/4

I just bought a mint, almost new condition Super Tak 150/4 from E-pray. This one should be the later Super-tak with the Auto/Man labelling next to the switch. It came with the original case and hood (no caps). However there are two minor issues that I am wondering about. First, the front ring with the lens info on it is slightly loose. Very slightly, in that it has probably less than 1 mm of movement to it, side-to-side movement, not twist. How can i tighten that, and do i even need to. The lens doesn't move at all, just this front piece.
My next issue is that that on that same ring, where there should be threads to hold a filter or the lens hood, the end is almost flush and there are no exposed threads. So I can't attach the lens hood.... The lens hood is an original Asahi Pentax hood marked "Takumar 1:35 135mm 1:4 150mm 1:5.6 200mm" and has a 49 mm ring size.
Please advise me wise ones...

07-09-2013, 02:20 PM   #2

Hi Toukan
Sounds like the filter ring is loose. What you need to do is remove the trim ring with the writing on it using a suitably sized rubber gripper/friction tool. A bath plug or a rubber stopper of the right size can be used for this and it sounds like it is already mostly unscrewed, hence no threads for filters. A little lighter fluid applied with a toothpick on the area where the filter threads should be may help. When you remove the trim piece you will find three small crosshead screws between the inner lens barrel and the outer lens body. Look closely directly from the front of the lens in the exposed groove. A small cross tip screwdriver with a longish tip can then be used to tighten the screws. Replace the trim piece using the rubber tool making sure to screw it all the way in to expose the filter threads and you should be fine. Good luck