Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-20-2008, 09:21 AM   #16
Veteran Member

The focusing ring spinning all the way around is perfectly normal. All Canon USM lenses (and Sigma HSM) do this. (at least all the "ring" USM ones with Fulltime manual focus)

03-20-2008, 06:00 PM   #17

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks again for all your replies. I have decided to return the lens to Adorama for a refund. I called them when I got home from work today but they have closed for the holiday already. I sent them an email about wanting to return the lens. I got an automated response saying they will be closed until Monday. I will have to wait until Monday to resolve this.
03-20-2008, 08:26 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Jeff, it's always a pain to go through the "return blues," but think of it as part of the price one pays to save a serious chunk of change over the cost at many local dealers. Waiting for the holiday to pass adds a bit to the ache, too.

Still, it's just a few days. When Adorama makes it right (as I'm sure they will), you'll have one of Pentax's best lenses and the memories of a rough start to the relationship will pale in comparison!
03-20-2008, 09:50 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ramshot Quote
Thanks again for all your replies. I have decided to return the lens to Adorama for a refund. I called them when I got home from work today but they have closed for the holiday already. I sent them an email about wanting to return the lens. I got an automated response saying they will be closed until Monday. I will have to wait until Monday to resolve this.
you don't need to call them, just return it with a copy of the invoice and a note indicating your reasons. I'm sending back my 31ltd tomorrow...

Adorama - Frequently Asked Questions

03-21-2008, 05:26 PM   #20

Original Poster
Christine, you're right the "return blues" can be a pain. But having had to return things to other retailers before this is not a new experience. I will be patient and wait until they contact me.
Nostatic, if this was a return because I decided I didn't want it, or it was not what I expected I would have done as you suggested. But I don't believe I should have to pay to return a damaged lens. Again, I will be patient and wait until they contact me so we can resolve this issue.
03-21-2008, 05:52 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ramshot Quote
Christine, you're right the "return blues" can be a pain. But having had to return things to other retailers before this is not a new experience. I will be patient and wait until they contact me.
Nostatic, if this was a return because I decided I didn't want it, or it was not what I expected I would have done as you suggested. But I don't believe I should have to pay to return a damaged lens. Again, I will be patient and wait until they contact me so we can resolve this issue.
Ahh, gotcha. Yeah, if it was damaged they hopefully will send out a call tag and cover shipping. I've had very good luck in the past with both Adorama and B&H.

This is one reason that I'm glad I have a decent local shop. I pay more for the gear, but my return blues are minimal. I drive a couple blocks, walk in, swap, and am on my way. Worth the money to me, but a lot of people aren't so lucky. One advantage to SoCal...
03-21-2008, 06:03 PM   #22

Original Poster
Nostatic, I used to live in Huntington Beach. Where in SoCal are you located? Cal's Camera in Newport Beach used to be a really good shop.
03-21-2008, 06:19 PM   #23
Veteran Member

I'm in west LA, and have been going to Bel Air Camera in westwood. I hate the village, but live very close. Plus they haven't been as annoying to me as typical Samy's salesguys.

03-21-2008, 08:03 PM   #24
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by nostatic Quote
you don't need to call them, just return it with a copy of the invoice and a note indicating your reasons. I'm sending back my 31ltd tomorrow...

Adorama - Frequently Asked Questions
What's wrong with the 31?
03-22-2008, 08:24 AM   #25
Veteran Member

That is scary,
still,I got used to the lens and now love it!
MySpace.com - Lunacalor - 33 - Female - Gattières, PACA - www.myspace.com/lunacalor