Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-22-2013, 09:37 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have had lenses fall out of my partially zippered backpack a couple of times. One, a Sigma 70-300 was damaged. Not an expensive lens but but it did the job I needed it to do. It only fell a few feet as I was putting the backpack on. I shudder to think about dropping one of my Limiteds.

07-22-2013, 11:18 AM   #17

If that lens had been a Zeiss ZK 85mm, it would probably not have bounced far. It might, on the other hand, leave a dent on the Eiffel Tower.
07-22-2013, 11:21 AM   #18
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Heie Quote
Me either, but holy <insert expletive here> did it come close to happening for me. We were at the very top (320+ meters high) and I was taking pictures of the Parisian city below us when my sister, in a genuine attempt to assist me, grabs my "clamshell opening" Canon 200 EG backpack by the top handle and lifts without checking to see if it was zippered (which your assumption would be correct - it wasn't). Out comes the FA 77 and rolls along the floor. Other lenses would have definitely followed, but I grabbed the bag before any others could follow suit. It's the only lens that I keep in a case in my bag (the leather case it came with) and that is what ensured it didn't get scratched. But that, of course wasn't a concern of mine. Had it not been for a short (10cm tall?) lip/baseplateir that prevents people from getting their feet caught under the cage wall/fence, there would have been a limited projectile heading towards someone's head.

I have LOTS of photos to share, and I know there are a few threads of mine I haven't gotten to, but we are still traveling (Barcelona tonight!) and I just wanted to share this story

-Heie
Alex, you are having way too many photo mishaps this trip...are you coming up on your third story? As in "three times a charm" or "three strikes and you're out"?

You're scaring me bud!
07-22-2013, 11:40 AM   #19
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tclausen Quote
Am I the only forum member who's royally upset that you were in Paris without letting us expats pentaxians in Paris know - to give us time to set up a get-together picnic /under/ the Eiffel Tower (to catch what you might be throwing down, of course)? .....
Yeah, what Thomas said ... I'm not far away in Poitiers with both of my old baseball gloves ! Let it rain Limiteds ... J

07-22-2013, 11:57 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jean poitiers Quote
yeah, what thomas said ... I'm not far away in poitiers with both of my old baseball gloves ! Let it rain limiteds ... J
lol