Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
08-24-2013, 09:36 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Great photos, Ryan! I love the colors and crisp light. Nice sunsets and the hike up Diamond head makes my knee ache...

08-25-2013, 05:26 AM   #32

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Just1MoreDave Quote
The South American Cardinal was my favorite. I have a number of terrible shots of that bird.

Doesn't the Hilton Hawaiian Village do fireworks any more?
Thanks! Those birds were everywhere at Diamondhead. Yes, they still do fireworks Friday nights.
08-25-2013, 08:17 AM   #33

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
I've used a CPL and ND filters with my DA 15. It's certainly not often but since the DA 15 is 49mm along with all the other DA Limiteds and a few of my M lenses and Taks, it's a good investment.

Some fine shots, Ryan.
Thanks! I think I used the ND filter too much. It made some of the shots look soft - like the one of waikiki from the top of diamond head. The zoomed in one that my wife took hand held looks sharper than mine with a tripod.
08-25-2013, 10:40 AM   #34
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RyanS Quote
Thanks! I think I used the ND filter too much. It made some of the shots look soft - like the one of waikiki from the top of diamond head. The zoomed in one that my wife took hand held looks sharper than mine with a tripod.
Long exposures with an ND filter can be tricky. The clouds blur, water shows the movement also but so do trees if the wind is blowing and a truck driving by can cause ground vibrations, etc. Still, it's a fun item to play with and when you do get a good result, it can be really special.