Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-20-2008, 11:46 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
For everyone who helped me

with gaining knowledge and suggestions for a macro lens. Here ya go, the fruits of your helpfulness, lol My Tamron 90 mm macro arrived today! Thank you!

03-20-2008, 12:33 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Beautiful! That little orange part really "pops" out at you doesn't it? It looks 3-D!

Is your new lens the Tamron AF 90mm f/2.8 Di SP macro? Mine is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Now I really can't wait!
03-20-2008, 12:52 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
It is a great lens! My box has printed tamron SP AF 90mm f/2.5. I can't believe how in just a few mins of shooting I have fallen in love with this lens! I can't wait to see your pics, so you will have to pm and let me know when you get some posted
03-20-2008, 01:15 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice shot, Rosemary.

03-20-2008, 01:29 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Wow! That's just gorgeous! Beautiful shot.....I may have to invest in one of those.
03-20-2008, 01:34 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Nice indeed ... sounds like the older Tamron Macro ... which is still a jem of a lens though.
I have the Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Lens myself ... and it's a really nice sharp lens indeed.

Looking forward to seeing more of your Macro work with this lens.
03-20-2008, 01:42 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great shot Rosemary and wait till you try that lens out as a short tele or a long portrait lens, it is really versitile! It's one of a very few lenses that is almost always in my bag.

NaCl(my 77ltd, the Tamron 90 macro, the zenitar 16mm FE and DA 12-24...my 'desert island' lenses)H2O

03-20-2008, 02:44 PM   #8
Igilligan

Congrats Rosemary

You are already doing some good work with your macro lens. No learning curve for you. And you found one pretty quick compare to how long it took me to find mine. I was lusting after the 90mm AF tamron too. I have seen some really nice portraits from it. Can't wait to see some from yours.

These macro lenses are so much fun and so sharp. How can you not fall in love with them.
Attachment 9724

Last edited by Igilligan; 05-30-2008 at 08:54 PM.
03-20-2008, 03:01 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Nice shot, really "pop".
03-20-2008, 04:25 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
You are already doing some good work with your macro lens. No learning curve for you. And you found one pretty quick compare to how long it took me to find mine. I was lusting after the 90mm AF tamron too. I have seen some really nice portraits from it. Can't wait to see some from yours.

These macro lenses are so much fun and so sharp. How can you not fall in love with them.
Attachment 9724

wow, how beautiful!
03-20-2008, 04:43 PM   #11
Igilligan

Oh it pales compared to your shots (pink)

Rosemary, thanks for the kind words, But...
I have been following your first posts with your 90mm and you are way ahead of me. The purple on these just pops off the page. And your other shots with the water droplets on the flowers are really good to.
Shoot a couple of portraits when you get a chance... you are gonna be so happy.
03-20-2008, 06:22 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
Rosemary, thanks for the kind words, But...
I have been following your first posts with your 90mm and you are way ahead of me. The purple on these just pops off the page. And your other shots with the water droplets on the flowers are really good to.
Shoot a couple of portraits when you get a chance... you are gonna be so happy.
I can't wait to try it out for portraits too. I am thinking Easter, lots of people around sicne we are cooking. Now will I have them trapped it will be the perfect time to start shooting! lol
03-20-2008, 10:26 PM   #13

Congrats Rosemary. Your new lens definitely found a good home.

Matt

Edit: With such great pictures comes great responsibility. Post your data for us (e.g. ISO 100, f/2.5, 1/180s, hand held, Av). Was that wide open? M
03-20-2008, 10:40 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by loudbay Quote
Congrats Rosemary. Your new lens definitely found a good home.

Matt

Edit: With such great pictures comes great responsibility. Post your data for us (e.g. ISO 100, f/2.5, 1/180s, hand held, Av). Was that wide open? M
Hm, hand held, ISO 100 hm, let me see if I can find the rest of the info for you. I got the lens, was so excited I just ran out side and popped off a few shots, lol I am not sure what I did! I shot some on manual, some on AFS. Some at F 11 I do remember that. Some close and some a bit farther way. Let me see tomorrow if I can figure out what I did.
03-20-2008, 10:42 PM   #15
Veteran Member

I had to find one of the first goes at Macro with mine ... just to show how it makes a n00b behind the camera produce semi-decent images ... with more practice i am looking forward to great Macro shots. Eventually

Hibiscus