Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-22-2008, 02:31 PM   #16
Veteran Member

I just got my Tamron AF 90mm f/2.8 Di SP macro lens yesterday and I love it! Nothing as beautiful as Rosemary's but these are some of my first shots with it.

All using AF. I had heard that AF doesn't work well with macro, but these were all handheld with AF. My daughter and I just walked around the yard looking for things to shoot. The lens focuses a lot faster than I thought it would.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 

Last edited by PentaxPoke; 03-22-2008 at 02:44 PM.
03-22-2008, 05:01 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mechan1k Quote
I had to find one of the first goes at Macro with mine ... just to show how it makes a n00b behind the camera produce semi-decent images ... with more practice i am looking forward to great Macro shots. Eventually

Hibiscus
I know this flower! Her's my shot a week or so after I got my camera.
03-22-2008, 05:02 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PentaxPoke Quote
I just got my Tamron AF 90mm f/2.8 Di SP macro lens yesterday and I love it! Nothing as beautiful as Rosemary's but these are some of my first shots with it.

All using AF. I had heard that AF doesn't work well with macro, but these were all handheld with AF. My daughter and I just walked around the yard looking for things to shoot. The lens focuses a lot faster than I thought it would.
Nice work! I just got my lens too! But mine is an older one, doesn't matter it's a great tool! You will have to let me know when you post more pics
03-23-2008, 08:22 AM   #19

Absolutely beautiful!!! You have an excellent eye.

03-23-2008, 08:31 PM   #20

QuoteOriginally posted by loudbay Quote
Congrats Rosemary. Your new lens definitely found a good home.

Matt

Edit: With such great pictures comes great responsibility. Post your data for us (e.g. ISO 100, f/2.5, 1/180s, hand held, Av). Was that wide open? M
QuoteOriginally posted by rmtagg Quote
Hm, hand held, ISO 100 hm, let me see if I can find the rest of the info for you. I got the lens, was so excited I just ran out side and popped off a few shots, lol I am not sure what I did! I shot some on manual, some on AFS. Some at F 11 I do remember that. Some close and some a bit farther way. Let me see tomorrow if I can figure out what I did.
Rosemary, Those specs I listed were for the shot you posted. I actually re-edited after I opened your photo in PHOTOME. It tells you all the info from a shot. It's free on the net if your interested. Let's you peak into how a photo was shot. I really was just telling you that if you post great photos people will want to know (and not everyone knows about PHOTOME).

Cheers, Matt
03-23-2008, 08:34 PM   #21
Igilligan

Pentax Poke I love the baseball shot... It just works for me.

I really like it when a shot does that for whatever reason.
03-23-2008, 10:21 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Thank you Igilligan. I thought a picture of a baseball would say "Spring" to some of us as much as the flowers did.

03-23-2008, 10:36 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Mine arrives Wed. One of the older macro's and still very little has changed from when they first came out. JIBO