Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-23-2013, 02:14 PM   #16

Photos: Albums
I ended up getting the Tamron 28-75 as I found with my 18-55 I always wanted something a bit longer but didn't really fancy the 17-70 type lenses as most of my pictures are indoors of family so the 2.8 on the Tamron is useful. I guess you need to figure out what priorities you have but I find it a good walk around. Only problem is that the AF isn't great on my copy (front focus) but that seems to be a common complaint on the Tamron zooms.

07-23-2013, 02:26 PM   #17
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by thechumpen Quote
I ended up getting the Tamron 28-75 as I found with my 18-55 I always wanted something a bit longer but didn't really fancy the 17-70 type lenses as most of my pictures are indoors of family so the 2.8 on the Tamron is useful. I guess you need to figure out what priorities you have but I find it a good walk around. Only problem is that the AF isn't great on my copy (front focus) but that seems to be a common complaint on the Tamron zooms.
Micro adjust? Nearly all my lenses required it (until the last FW update for the K-5).
07-23-2013, 03:25 PM - 1 Like   #18
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well, if you're not in a huge hurry, there's a DA * 18-85ish on the Pentax lens roadmap... I do wish Pentax were a bit more explicit about when that might ship than "2013 or later". I'm currently using the first iteration Sigma 17-70 F/2.8-4.5 as my main walkaround, and I'm quite tempted by the new "contemporary" version for quicker, more silent auto-focus, but would like to see what this new Pentax lens will bring to the table before I make the jump.
07-24-2013, 12:18 AM   #19

QuoteOriginally posted by snake Quote
Micro adjust? Nearly all my lenses required it (until the last FW update for the K-5).
I have a K-r which only has a single global adjustment which means I tend to forget to reset it when swapping lenses. It's top of my list if reasons/excuses for wanting to upgrade to something like a K-5.

07-24-2013, 12:30 AM   #20
Forum Member

Original Poster
rbefly

QuoteOriginally posted by rbefly Quote
My feeling is there's a time and place for zooms and other times (or scenes) when you're better off with a good prime. The key is knowing when to use either one, understanding the merits and limitations of your gear.
Thanks I am really thinking of this. but you know that decision is a bit scary - how it will be - with no zooms?

snake
QuoteOriginally posted by snake Quote
If you go between the Sigma and the Tamron, I don't think you'll go wrong with either
I guess that is so - maybe I should try Sigma (if i decide to have one zoom at all), just because I already tried both Tammy and Pentax )

cyclone3d

QuoteOriginally posted by cyclone3d Quote
The 10-17 is one of my favorite lenses
I used to own this too, but had to sell it and now are missing so much that consider to get the copy again great fun with that lens.
07-24-2013, 12:32 AM   #21
Forum Member

Original Poster
Doundounba

QuoteOriginally posted by Doundounba Quote
Well, if you're not in a huge hurry, there's a DA * 18-85ish on the Pentax lens roadmap.
I am not in the hurry and to be honest would llove to have this lens. When I was shooting Sony I used to own Zeiss 16-80. I loved it even and it was very versatile and good lens, although 3.5-4.5 lens