Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
07-23-2013, 06:16 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Super Takumar 1.4/50 Aperture Linkage

Hi everyone
Just wondering if anyone has any experience repairing or working with the aperture linkage in the Takumar 50mm lenses?
I've taken a couple of Taks apart to clean glass, remove fungus, adjust infinity focus etc. with no major issues.

Today I was attempting to re-attach the Auto/Manual switch in a Super Multi Coated Takumar 50/1.4 which had worked itself loose and actually fell off.
I've managed to re-attach the switch, but in the process I've stupidly undone the screw holding the aperture linkage assembly in place.

So, I now have the two metal arms and the two thin springs and am struggling to get them all back together.

I hope I've explained myself clearly...if anyone has any experience with this I would really appreciate some insight.
I'll be able to post some photos in about 12 hours or so...but hope that's enough for now to see if someone can help.

Cheers
Dean

07-23-2013, 12:33 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is the only photo I have. It's the metal focus ring Super-Multi-Coated 50/1.4 with the connections for open-aperture metering. This is the whole back of the mount that comes off when you remove the three screws hidden by the aperture ring.

07-23-2013, 04:06 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks very much Dave.
Nice clear photo and so close to what I need!
I think I have the bottom spring and arm (the spring with the L shape in the 1 o'clock position of your photo) figured out.
How the second spring orients itself under the larger top arm is where I'm struggling.
I'll have another crack at it today, time permitting.
Much appreciated.
Cheers
Dean
07-23-2013, 09:24 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
**Update**
Dave, the picture was actually quite helpful. It allowed me to (just) see the angle of the top spring under the top arm...or really to see that the variations I had tried did not look correct.

I have taken the lens to Camera Electronic in Perth, Western Australia, and they were able to reattach the spring and arm for me. That top spring is tricky...starts out shaped kind of like a U but when in place the arms of the U are crossed...really tricky to do without the right tools.

I've been able to re-assemble the lens again once that was in place, tested and working great.
So, I've learnt today to never take out that screw on the top of the aperture arms ever again!

Cheers
Dean