Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-30-2013, 08:39 AM   #1

Exakta 28 mm / 1:2.8 Macro

Hello,

I own the above mentioned lens. I think that the image quality of this lens is very good (even though it is made from plastic). I do not find much about this lens on the web, so I was wondering whether somebody of you has the same lens and may know, who was producing that one. Could it be that it is optically the same as the Vivitar Close Focus?

Jim

07-31-2013, 10:01 AM   #2

Original Poster
From what I saw at the picture of the lens here:

Cosina 28mm f/2.8 MC MACRO Lens Reviews - Cosina Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database

I am almost sure that the Exakta is a rebranded Cosina.

Would be interesting to compare it to the Vivitar Close Focus though ...
02-07-2014, 07:55 AM   #3

Hello,

I own the same lens. This is a really nice lens. For more information, see ...

"The Exakta is a pioneer brand camera produced by the Ihagee Kamerawerk in Dresden, Germany ... "

Exakta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

wrotniak.net: Exakta System Lenses
02-07-2014, 11:17 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by v_mateev Quote
Hello,

I own the same lens. This is a really nice lens. For more information, see ...

"The Exakta is a pioneer brand camera produced by the Ihagee Kamerawerk in Dresden, Germany ... "

Exakta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

wrotniak.net: Exakta System Lenses
Hi! Welcome to the Pentax Forums!

Sorry to say, but although the lens is branded Exakta, it was not made by or for the famous Ihagee Kamerawerk (Dresden). With a single exception*, no lens made in the Exakta mount bore the Exakta name. They made cameras (all in the Exakta mount), not lenses.

The confusion comes from use of the Exakta name by a West German entity (Ihagee Kamerawerk, Berlin) who attached the name to Japanese cameras (K-mount and M42?) made by Petri and others. This happened after Ihagee (Dresden) ceased making cameras in the 1970s. Lenses for the Japan-made cameras bore the Exaktar name and were made by various Asian lens makers.

Does that mean the Asian lenses are bad? Not at all. While they lack a German pedigree, they are probably as good as other moderately-priced lenses from Japan or Korea from the same time period. For 28mm lenses, that generally means pretty good. Enjoy!

Steve

* There was a 54mm f/3.5 Meyer Primotar that was rebranded and sold as Exaktar by Ihagee (Dresden).

02-07-2014, 11:55 PM   #5

Thanks for the useful information