Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-21-2008, 06:08 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Old lenses, value and usability

Someone that short and simple could say if anything of this is worth anything? I saw them on a local web-marketplace, and if they are sold cheap, and worth the price, I suspect I might end up buying them.
They are described by the seller as:

Takumar zoom 1:4 70-200 mm macro + Vivitar 2x matched multiplier

Pentax zoom 1:4 35-70

Pentax flash AF280T

Pictures:
finn.no - Norges st°rste markedsplass. Annonser for kj°p og salg av nytt og brukt, eller ledige stillinger.

Don't know the price I have to pay yet, but at least the teleconverter sound interesting. I have searched some, but some additional advice always'll turn up.

Thank you.

Last edited by KjetilH; 03-21-2008 at 06:33 PM.
03-21-2008, 10:17 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by KjetilH Quote
Someone that short and simple could say if anything of this is worth anything? I saw them on a local web-marketplace, and if they are sold cheap, and worth the price, I suspect I might end up buying them.
They are described by the seller as:

Takumar zoom 1:4 70-200 mm macro + Vivitar 2x matched multiplier

Pentax zoom 1:4 35-70

Pentax flash AF280T

Pictures:
finn.no - Norges st°rste markedsplass. Annonser for kj°p og salg av nytt og brukt, eller ledige stillinger.

Don't know the price I have to pay yet, but at least the teleconverter sound interesting. I have searched some, but some additional advice always'll turn up.

Thank you.
The AF280T does not work P-TTL, to K100, K10 are out.

Takumar bayonet lenses are Pentax' low cost line. The coatings are not up to the SMC Pentax standards.

A "matched" teleconverter is matched to a specific lens. A Vivitar is never "matched" to a Pentax lens. I don't know the quality, Vivitar made several grades of TC over the years.
03-22-2008, 04:29 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks. Got a little smarter there.

Even though it has not got P-TTL, it would surely be a bit of fun playing in manual, and be usable in auto. If it's cheap, well, it should be worth it.
03-22-2008, 02:41 PM   #4
Veteran Member

As for the teleconverter, from the photo, I'd say it's the matched TC for Vivitar's 70-150mm, or 70-200mm. I suspect they were the same TC but had different lettering on them. In any case, it looks like a 7-element TC, on not the more usual 4-element ones. Don't take my word for it and do a bit of Googling, you should find that the 7-element TCs have a better reputation.

03-22-2008, 05:21 PM   #5
Site Supporter

If the 35-70mm/F4 zoom is an "A" lens, I'd definitely grab that one. I have the F3.5-4.5 version of that lens and it's a gem. The F4 version is supposed to be better. I've been trying to get my hands on one for a while now.
03-23-2008, 04:17 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
That was more like the kind of news I like to hear. Got in conctact with the guy, and said he got some stuff left, I really hope that's not including the Minolta.
(Reporting back if I get a real bargain.)