Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-02-2013, 09:43 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Sigma 30mm f1.4 Hood

Any opinion about an alternate hood for Sigma 30mm f1.4? The one it comes with is plastic and doesn't look safe when camera+lens kept in backpack or holder with hood mounted. It's really inconvenient to unmount and mount everytime. Also, it's not possible to manual focus when hood is reversed as hood covers the focusing ring.

One option I was thinking is to get a few 62-62mm filter rings adapter and use it - not sure if it will cause vignetting. Anyone tried this? Any other suggestions?

Thanks

08-03-2013, 04:02 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I use a cheap rubber hood from e-bay. I put my CPL on, put the rubber hood on that, and it gives me a nice handle to turn the CPL. I just have to remember to only turn it in the "on" direction. I did accidentally screw it off once!