Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-03-2013, 01:31 PM   #1
Forum Member

Vivitar 2X Macro TC w/ Ricoh pin

I would like to know: Has anyone removed the Ricoh pin from a Vivitar 2X Macro TC? I'm talking about the one with A contacts. (Although I suppose only A-mount types have the Ricoh pin; I've never seen one on the K-mount version.)

Also, I'd like to ask: Does anyone own the Vivitar 2X Macro TC w/ Ricoh pin, and use it with no problems on their Pentax?

I know that not all Ricoh pins get stuck. I have a Vivitar 28-105 with the Ricoh pin. But the pin is rounded, and so it mounts and un-mounts very easily on my K10D, my K-x, and my K-30.

I have removed the Ricoh pin from my Adaptall adapter, but that is not a KA mount, i.e., it did not have all the extra pins.

I have read that removing the Ricoh pin from a KA mount is much more difficult than removing it from a K-mount, and that there is a much greater chance of messing up the extra pins/connectors.

I'm not real handy, so I'm afraid of removing the pin from a KA mount.

Does anyone have the VIvitar 2X macro TC KA mount with the Ricoh pin? Did you have to remove it, or does it work fine on your Pentax?

Thanks!

Greg

08-03-2013, 02:36 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I can't speak on this specific product but I have used a number of Vivitar lenses with "PK-A/R"-Mount (combined Pentax-A and Ricoh-P) and they where all of the unproblematic kind (rounded and spring-loaded).
If you're worried, I'd suggest that you buy the cheapest Pentax AF-camera you can find (i.e. a defective MZ/ZX-10 or MZ/ZX-30) to test it on.
08-03-2013, 02:38 PM   #3
Pentaxian

My 2x Macro TC has the "Ricoh pin". It is even engraved P/K-A R-P/K. Never ever been a problem and I use it quite a bit. If the pin looks the same as the others it should be ok. It's when the pin is not rounded and protrudes more than any of the others that you usually have a problem.
08-03-2013, 03:29 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I had two, both with Ricoh pins, and neither gave any trouble mounting on the camera. I wouldn't take apart the TC for that. Sometimes the TC stops passing through all of the contacts, and then I'd take it apart. There are springs that maintain contact as the TC is focused, and they pop off. Also, the rubber focus grip should be well-glued. It is holding the two halves together and in proper adjustment, maintains infinity focus.

08-03-2013, 06:07 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Yes, mine has spring-loaded rounded button, not hard pin. So is no problem...