Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-07-2013, 09:19 PM   #1

Broken screwdrive AF on FA77, where to get parts/have lens repaired?

Had our local Pentax service center look at my FA77, and they told me that a 'joint gear' needed to be replaced to fix its autofocus mechanism. However, they don't have the part on stock and were unoptimistic about ordering just one copy of the part. They suggested that I have the lens repaired overseas.

I've been researching on where I can order the part myself and on how I can have the lens serviced in either Japan or Singapore, but have not been able to find anything concrete.

Does anyone have experience with ordering parts for their lenses,
or with having their lenses repaired in either Japan or Singapore?

08-07-2013, 09:37 PM   #2

Hey there,

It'd be nice and helpful if you could tell us where you're from so other members can relate and help you

But I'll assume your from the US for now,

If I have heard correctly, Pentax has official repairs in the United States from CRIS and many have had good experiences with them. Sadly, I don't live in N. America at the moment so I cannot give you specific info.

Here's their website and you can get a quote on the lens,
Camera Repair by CRIS Camera Services - Pentax Camera Repair

EDIT

Just checked your profile, and you're from the Philippines.
I'm sure people will have experience getting their gear fixed up in Singapore or Japan.

Check out Pentax's service network
http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/support/repair_entry-asia.html
They've got a listing for the Philippines,
PHILIPPINES

Super East Asia Enterprises, Inc.

Ground Floor, Philflex Bldg. 407 Dasmarinas Street., Sta. Cruz Manila
(63)-241-3851 / 242-2647

Cheers from Taiwan

Hope this helped,
Steve

Last edited by thedollarbill; 08-07-2013 at 09:43 PM.
08-07-2013, 09:56 PM   #3

Ive had my camera and lens fixed by CRIS. Both items were under warranty. I believe CRIS is the repair center for states along the west coast. If you request support from Pentax they will give you the address to their nearest repair center. When you send in you lens they will provide you an estimate if its not under warranty.