Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-12-2013, 05:32 AM   #31

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by snake Quote
Could you clarify why it wouldn't work on film?

Also, the "suspended" word is going too far. Most items are made in production runs, including Pentax lenses. They aren't made continuously. This is the case, aside from the fact that they haven't run out of stock, and it's slow-moving, so there won't be a production run anytime soon. Why should they keep producing these limited lenses before there is a demand? I got the official word from Zeiss about it, so it's rather frustrating that the message keeps getting altered by others. It's probably as "suspended" or "discontinued" as the FA35 is worldwide. There likely has not been a production run in several years for it and everything we're getting is trickling out as stock on hand (and probably rationing explains why the prices skyrocketed).
I use a ME Super so even if the lens had an AF, it would be useless in my case.

Ok I understand your meaning. Probably Zeiss does not launch a production batch of Pentax-mount lenses for 20 or less. Moreover, there is little demand because
  1. Pentax has a lower market share than other brands -> The market is more restricted.
  2. There are alternatives for these lenses: DA35 limited or not, FA35, Limited, third party lenses. Probably they fit the need of 99,99% of the users.
  3. Zeiss lenses have the FF capacity which is useless with current Pentax DSLR line
IMHO the production of a batch has not economical meaning. It can be frustrating for users but "c'est la vie"

08-15-2013, 08:43 AM   #32

Original Poster
Hello,

I got an A35/2.8 at a bargain price . The lens is OK but the focusing ring a bit soft. According to Bojidar Dimitrov's Page, it shares the optical scheme with the M35/2.8 but has the A-function which can be practical on the K-r. For the moment, I will try to get confident with this lens. In the future, I can upgrade with the FA35 or Zeiss .
08-15-2013, 03:26 PM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Juventino Quote
The lens is OK but the focusing ring a bit soft.
I had an A50/1.4 with the same issue and sent it to Eric for a CLA, after which the focus ring was as nicely damped as the best K-series lenses.
08-15-2013, 03:41 PM   #34
Forum Member

Rokinon 35mm f/1.4 wins hands down

Rokinon 35mm f/1.4 Wide-Angle US UMC Aspherical LensRK35M-P B&H