Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-11-2013, 08:42 AM   #16

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by thornburg Quote
I'll chime in here since the reverse ring and extension tubes were ruled out.

If you really want to do "macro" with the 35/2.4, you could use a close up kit.

I know it will harm your optical quality, but they're super cheap (especially given the 49mm filter thread), and they do work.
What is a close up kit? Can you lead me in the right direction? Thanks!

08-11-2013, 09:00 AM   #17

Here's a link to them brand new on BHP:

49mm close up kit| B&H Photo Video

They're about $10 or less used on eBay.

They sometimes go by other names, but I most often see "close up kit" or "close up set".

They're a set of diopters with various values, such as "+1", "+2", "+4", and "+10". They usually come in sets of 3 or 4. You can stack them for additional effect. The +1/+2/+4 kit allows all combinations from +1 to +7 by stacking, for example. The more of them you stack, and the higher the number, the more they affect image quality.

A single +4 isn't too bad. Put too many together and the image starts to be blurry or otherwise poor.

Make sure you get the correct size for your filter thread. I used 49mm as an example because the DA35/2.4 has 49mm filter thread.

Last edited by thornburg; 08-11-2013 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Posted before done.