Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-10-2013, 02:13 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
which lens for metor shots

whats the best size

08-10-2013, 02:38 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
For me it would depend on how I wanted to capture it. With my gear: for the most meteors / best chance I would use my 15mm fisheye, the widest I have; that way I could find at least one streak that I had caught If a better image of a streak I'd use a 40-100mm lens and aim for something 90° from the meteor shower's radiant (similar to best use of a polarizing filter for best effect). That way I'd get just a constellation or two with a good long streak - when I'm lucky as my hit rate would go down! If you like shorter streaks aim for the radiant (so between Perseus and Cassiopeia for the upcoming Perseids).

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
k-mount, pentax lens, slr lens