Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-23-2008, 05:48 PM   #1
Forum Member




Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 50
Sigma 105 f/2.8 EX

Any idea what this lens is worth in a Pentax Mount?

03-23-2008, 06:10 PM   #2
Veteran Member
heatherslightbox's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Gainesville, FL
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,594
Brand new, it runs around $399.
03-23-2008, 07:06 PM   #3
Forum Member




Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 50
Original Poster
Thanks but this isn't the DG and I was looking for a used price.
03-23-2008, 08:55 PM   #4
Site Supporter
klaatu3's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 75
QuoteOriginally posted by pmperry Quote
Thanks but this isn't the DG and I was looking for a used price.
As you said, this isn't the DG--so, do you have one to sell?

03-24-2008, 05:23 AM   #5
Not Registered
Guest




If you are not selling you shouldnt post that here. And in order to know prices I am sure that google works as well for you as for the rest of us. At any case here is my rule of thumb. If your model is the last one and it is excellent or better I will take the cheapest reliable price of the lens in new conditions and I will substract it a 15-20%. If your model is not the last one and it is mint, I will substract somewhere between 25-30%. Of course it depends on models and conditions.
03-24-2008, 02:04 PM   #6
Forum Member




Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 50
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by klaatu3 Quote
As you said, this isn't the DG--so, do you have one to sell?
Yes but I'm trying to figure out how much it is worth.
03-24-2008, 02:05 PM   #7
Forum Member




Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 50
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Gruoso Quote
If you are not selling you shouldnt post that here. And in order to know prices I am sure that google works as well for you as for the rest of us. At any case here is my rule of thumb. If your model is the last one and it is excellent or better I will take the cheapest reliable price of the lens in new conditions and I will substract it a 15-20%. If your model is not the last one and it is mint, I will substract somewhere between 25-30%. Of course it depends on models and conditions.
Well, considering it is in relation to buying and selling to which I will be doing if I can figure out the value of the lens then, I don't know that it's inappropriate.
03-24-2008, 02:21 PM   #8
Inactive Account




Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Florida
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 91
its worth as much as you want to pay for it, or as much as you want to sell it for. New there around $400 used half that much.

03-24-2008, 04:19 PM   #9
Site Supporter
klaatu3's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 75
Does anyone bother to read the rules before wasting everyone else's time? This topic should go in the Lens DG.

From the Marketplace Regulations: "Only definitive "for sale" or "for trade" threads are allowed; no "feelers" or "would anyone be interested" threads"

Now, I've got to get back to looking for ACTUAL deals on Pentax stuff...
03-24-2008, 04:41 PM   #10
Veteran Member
Miserere's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Boston
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,994
QuoteOriginally posted by klaatu3 Quote
Now, I've got to get back to looking for ACTUAL deals on Pentax stuff...
Yeah, and I have to go hunt some unicorns, which are more plentiful.
03-24-2008, 06:46 PM   #11
Forum Member




Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 50
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by klaatu3 Quote
Does anyone bother to read the rules before wasting everyone else's time? This topic should go in the Lens DG.

From the Marketplace Regulations: "Only definitive "for sale" or "for trade" threads are allowed; no "feelers" or "would anyone be interested" threads"

Now, I've got to get back to looking for ACTUAL deals on Pentax stuff...
Yep, one more reason I'm glad I don't own a Pentax anymore... Thanks for making it pleasant klaatu3.
03-24-2008, 07:27 PM   #12
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,915
QuoteOriginally posted by pmperry Quote
Yep, one more reason I'm glad I don't own a Pentax anymore... Thanks for making it pleasant klaatu3.
wow hate on pentax cuz somebody told you that you posted in the wrong section of the forum
03-24-2008, 07:46 PM   #13
Veteran Member
OniFactor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Binghamton, NY, USA
Posts: 646
QuoteOriginally posted by pmperry Quote
Yep, one more reason I'm glad I don't own a Pentax anymore... Thanks for making it pleasant klaatu3.
yep, one more reason i'm glad i still shoot pentax.

the people who do, actually seem to CARE about the rules, and respecting them.
03-24-2008, 08:27 PM   #14
Pentaxian
jsherman999's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,228
.



I dub this: Crabbiest Thread of the Month!


Everyone who posted wins a 1978 Focal 200mm f/4.5, otherwise known as "old blurry."



.
03-24-2008, 08:43 PM   #15
Veteran Member
nostatic's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: socal
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,576
QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
.



I dub this: Crabbiest Thread of the Month!

"old blurry."



.
did you have to drag my mom into the discussion?
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
k-mount, pentax lens, slr lens
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sigma 28-105 F2.8-4.0 mickey Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 9 07-08-2009 08:31 PM
Vivitar S1 105 VS Sigma EX 105 OrenMc Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 12 04-28-2009 08:35 AM
Sigma 10-20 and Sigma 105 macro... leadbelly Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 8 01-31-2008 09:36 PM
For Sale - Sold: FS: Sigma 24-135 F2.8-4.5, Sigma 28-105 F4-5.6, TOU/FIVESTAR MC 70-200 F4 m ramzey Sold Items 2 12-31-2007 03:03 AM
Sigma 28 - 105/2.8-4 Mapleleaf-Mick Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 0 12-10-2007 09:35 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:26 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top