Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-21-2013, 05:35 PM   #31
Forum Member

"Yes, I can follow that thought. But there are often historical and practical reasons to have other combinations. I started with an FA43 as main prime lens on my K5 and got the DA40 as small and lightweight lens for my outdoor camera (K-50).
I think the real danger of the Ultron 40 is that you want more Voigt's, like OP, because they are beautifully made lenses."

You are right. It started with the CV58mm, then the CV90mm, and then the CV40mm. For months now, I have been thinking about getting the CV20mm but kept coming up with reasons why I should not get one. So it never ends once it started.

08-21-2013, 06:00 PM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Yes, you are now in remission.
08-21-2013, 06:12 PM   #33

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by DogLover Quote
I'm definitely done with LBA, and have been for some time. The ONLY thing I'd still like to have, and I don't think it exists, is a 8 or 10mm aspherical prime. Don't really care how fast it is. If the Sigma 8- 16 zoom took screw-on filters I'd already have one. I have a 10mm FE, and may resort to de-fisheyeing it sometime with software just to see how well that would work. I suspect not too well. Other than that, I'm completely satisfied with what I've got.
I am just about in the same boat - though I would like some fishy-ness to my photos, maybe that Rokinon 8mm? Other than that, I think maybe something along the lines of the DA*16-50 or that limited zoom? Oh, and a SDM/DC teleconverter...
08-21-2013, 07:01 PM   #34

Glad to know that you also cure your LBA, I say "also you" because I think I cure my LBA too with the last buy the DA* 50-135, the reasons? is a superb lens and on top of that I fell a bit dumb to buy such an expensive lens only for my hobby, knowing that I will be able to get only the 50% at most of the lens potential!

BTW I stop scoring internet for reviews, and any kind of detail and any other possible addiction to my gear, that I believe is really enough now! I am just afraid now that if I write down my lens someone will suggest some new one and my LBA will start again, lets see if someone can do that:

Lens:
DA 18-55 WR
M50 1.7
DA 15 limited + UV filter
DA 40 limited + Polarizer
DA* 50-135 + Polarizer
DA 55-300 + Polarizer
Raynox 250 MACRO lens

Lot of you will suggest the FA limited series, but they are a way to expensive compared to the DA limited

Cheers from a LBA free pentaxian!

08-21-2013, 07:14 PM   #35
Pentaxian

I shoot in three formats. Both my MF the Hasselblad and LF 4X5 are three lens kits and I do not need or want anymore for them. With my Pentax systems (digital and film) I would like to get a DA15 for its size so do not have to borrow my wife's Sigma 10-20 as often. My photo account has enough funds in it right now to buy one new if need be but I am in no rush. Other purchases needed are a step up ring and a couple lens hoods and perhaps two lens caps. MIght also make some more pinhole and zone plate lenses for the three formats as well. Pretty small stuff on my list

Small camera bags or getting old and feeble are two ways of limiting LBA. I will most likely get a WR lens with the next camera however as the K-r has less than 25K shots it will be another generation before that happens. I would also jump at the chance for a Tony the Tiger camera to go with Snap Crackle and Pop but only if it is no more expensive than a toonie
08-21-2013, 07:43 PM   #36

QuoteOriginally posted by filippofiori Quote
Glad to know that you also cure your LBA, I say "also you" because I think I cure my LBA too with the last buy the DA* 50-135, the reasons? is a superb lens and on top of that I fell a bit dumb to buy such an expensive lens only for my hobby, knowing that I will be able to get only the 50% at most of the lens potential!

BTW I stop scoring internet for reviews, and any kind of detail and any other possible addiction to my gear, that I believe is really enough now! I am just afraid now that if I write down my lens someone will suggest some new one and my LBA will start again, lets see if someone can do that:

Lens:
DA 18-55 WR
M50 1.7
DA 15 limited + UV filter
DA 40 limited + Polarizer
DA* 50-135 + Polarizer
DA 55-300 + Polarizer
Raynox 250 MACRO lens

Lot of you will suggest the FA limited series, but they are a way to expensive compared to the DA limited

Cheers from a LBA free pentaxian!
I think you need a longer telephoto... something like a Bigma, or Pentax 500/4.5.

A shorter constant aperture zoom might do well too, like the Pentax 16-50/2.8 or Tamron 17-50/2.8.

Oh, and, of course, the new Sigma 18-35/1.8 Art! Perfect.

And maybe a dedicated portrait lens, such as the DA*55 or Samyang 85/1.4.
08-21-2013, 07:50 PM   #37

QuoteOriginally posted by thornburg Quote
I think you need a longer telephoto... something like a Bigma, or Pentax 500/4.5.

A shorter constant aperture zoom might do well too, like the Pentax 16-50/2.8 or Tamron 17-50/2.8.

Oh, and, of course, the new Sigma 18-35/1.8 Art! Perfect.

And maybe a dedicated portrait lens, such as the DA*55 or Samyang 85/1.4.
ahahah for short focal length i love to move my feet so the limited primes work great for me! I do not shot birds so the long focal lens is unnecessary up to know, as a portrait lens the DA* is enough for what I do (is a really excellent lens)..that Samyang is however really tempting but not enough to support LBA the only thing that I will get in the future but it won't be due to the LBA is probably the 10-17 fisheye.

BTW nice try!

08-21-2013, 08:46 PM   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by joel_tauzin Quote
M 35 1.4 (though I could never justify using it)
We both, unfortunately the M35/1.4 was never produced! Though there are rumors that a couple were sold, but there is no proof. Go for the K28/2, it won’t disappoint.

Phil.
08-21-2013, 11:17 PM   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wired Quote
thats why there are so many lenses. I would give up my FA 31 to buy a FA 77 if my 77 went missing. Different lenses for different people
Yep... It's a focal length thing. The 43 and 77 match my view of the world better than the 31. I do like the rendering of the 31, but find myself cropping more often than not.
08-22-2013, 01:12 AM   #40
Yos
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Atm I am just saving up for a second K-30
With my current gear I have still lots to learn. Maybe if I find myself with cash to spare I will pick up a flash to try that out as well
08-22-2013, 05:07 AM   #41
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Go for the K28/2, it won’t disappoint.
Tell me where to go and I'm there. This one tops my LBA list.

After a yearlong LBA frenzy I am managing it a bit better now, thinking more about what I actually want and will use as opposed to what has a good reputation and is sitting there saying "buy me!" But, yes, "remission" is the right word.
08-22-2013, 11:26 AM   #42
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 8stripe Quote
"I think the real danger of the Ultron 40 is that you want more Voigt's, like OP, because they are beautifully made lenses."

You are right. It started with the CV58mm, then the CV90mm, and then the CV40mm. For months now, I have been thinking about getting the CV20mm but kept coming up with reasons why I should not get one. So it never ends once it started.
Yeah, as beautifully made as the Pentax lenses are, nothing compares to the Voigtlanders for me.

Oh, the 20mm is my most recent Voigtlander acquisition and I'm loving it. Highly recommended! Really prone to flare, though, so do yourself a favor and get a hood for it. (I found the metal OEM one on KEH for $12 the other day - score!)
08-22-2013, 11:43 AM   #43
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by alan_smithee_photos Quote
Oh, the 20mm is my most recent Voigtlander acquisition
That's odd my last purchase was my "Good Lady" (SMC Pentax-A 20mm F2.8) and a fine one she is too.
08-22-2013, 02:18 PM   #44
Veteran Member

Original Poster
@kerrowdown, a "Good Lady" indeed! That's a nice 'un.
08-22-2013, 02:28 PM   #45
Emperor and Senpai
Loyal Site Supporter

I see holes in all of your lens collections. Big holes. Now go fill them.

Ohh, anyone have any idea what a Kiron 28 f/2 is worth? There's one on my local craigslist.