Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-24-2014, 02:40 PM - 1 Like   #16
Site Supporter

I have no release date. But in the past unannounced products I heard off, were very close to release (just days or weeks away). CP+ in February maybe?

Photoshop? I don't think so. I know my source for almost 20 years now.

I hope it will be FF compatible as I have quite a few FA* lenses.

01-24-2014, 02:52 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
Actually since the SMC-F 1.7x AF converter modifies the aperture, why would the noe TC also not do so.

They have the technology
I stand corrected -- in that case it is a no-brainer.
01-24-2014, 03:32 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by baro-nite Quote
I stand corrected -- in that case it is a no-brainer.
Yeah, should address all concerns; corrected aperture and SR, dustproof and weather-resistant, SDM focus. I bet the price will be a pinch, but I cannot pass this up.
01-24-2014, 05:24 PM   #19
Banned

If it's an FF size converter, then, in theory, what will become of APS-C DA lenses when mounted on an FF DSLR from Pentax using this converter?

01-25-2014, 05:59 AM   #20
Pentaxian

I also heard some rumors from a different source about a new TC which will be announced very soon. Maybe not later than CP+
01-25-2014, 10:10 AM   #21
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
If it's an FF size converter, then, in theory, what will become of APS-C DA lenses when mounted on an FF DSLR from Pentax using this converter?
With a 1.4X TC the image circle produced in the focal plane by a DA-lens should just about cover a 35 x 24 mm sensor.
01-25-2014, 01:46 PM   #22
Pentaxian

Why such a relatively simple bit of hardware has taken so long to emerge from Pentax is a puzzle.
01-25-2014, 02:41 PM   #23
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Why such a relatively simple bit of hardware has taken so long to emerge from Pentax is a puzzle.
According to Asahiman, Hoya shut down the TC project. Then there was the Ricoh merger and all that confusion before it could be resurrected.

01-25-2014, 03:20 PM   #24
Banned

See three posts from above. I asked the question deliberately to get your confirmation.

That is the possible practical and logical reason for delay (leave childish Hoya conspiracy theories aside). The TC needed to be tested on FF DSLRs as well as on current Pentax line. Also secure optimum image quality using DA lenses on an FF body.

No? If I were the manufacturer, I would make sure I make a piece of optics I don't need to replace in 2 years or issue another version and confuse the hell out of customers.

TC being ready means the FF DSLR is ready too.
01-25-2014, 05:07 PM   #25
Pentaxian

This may be a case of 1+1 = 3.
But I want to believe ...
01-25-2014, 05:20 PM   #26
Pentaxian

leave childish Hoya conspiracy theories aside
Do you have any justification for this jab? Asahiman is the most reliable leak source on this board and DPR. He does business with Pentax head office and talks with Pentax engineers. Who are you to disrespect what he said?
01-25-2014, 05:23 PM   #27
Pentaxian

Rampant speculation.
01-25-2014, 06:48 PM   #28
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
Do you have any justification for this jab? Asahiman is the most reliable leak source on this board and DPR. He does business with Pentax head office and talks with Pentax engineers. Who are you to disrespect what he said?
Asahiman always had third hand information. On many things he was wrong and in predictions inaccurate. I must remind you of him insisting that September 2013 announcement was going to be BIG, and nothing happened then. I never saw such a huge disappointment of Pentax users then, thanks to his unconfirmed assertions.

I have no disrespect towards him, but I don't always believe his assertions. It is obvious he has no first hand information and actually his claims had ill-effects.

Last edited by Uluru; 01-25-2014 at 07:12 PM.
01-25-2014, 06:51 PM   #29
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
Rampant speculation.
So you believe it is speculation that after:
1. Officially confirmed account that the FF camera is in works,
2. That one important piece of equipment was delayed up until now (12 months after the official confirmation of works on the FF) ..

.. I believe that it may be the TC was (most likely) tested on a camera that may be released in near future timeframe to insure teleconverter's optimum performance.

But, to you, it is not speculation Hoya toyed around with a piece of glass to ruin Pentax's future because .. Asahiman told us so?

So you do not believe Ricoh Imaging would make sure TC works fine in all cases and on all cameras?
But you prefer to think Hoya did not want a piece of glass to be released for no logical reason whatsoever?

Has Asahiman ever gave a REAL practical and logical reason why the TC was redesigned so many times? For example, do not redesigns point to the fact that future roadmap and plans were seriously assessed, and changes to them also implied changes in one crucial piece of optics (shared between cameras with different sensor sizes)?

Anyway, it always seemed to me online Pentax communities like to believe in fantastic and complicated tales more than in simpler and straightforward business facts.

Last edited by Uluru; 01-25-2014 at 07:21 PM.
01-25-2014, 06:57 PM   #30
Pentaxian

Asahiman always had third hand information. On many things he was wrong and in predictions inaccurate.
Not true. He was wrong on one thing. He was expecting the K-3 to be released almost a year ago. He said Ricoh pulled it just before launch because the AF wasn't improved. Makes sense to me. If you have other wrong predictions, let's hear them.