Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-11-2013, 04:31 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Russian Lenses - where to buy?

My only question is if you come across a good site/shop/contact to buy the russian lenses a bit cheaper than ebay?

I want to have a 85-lens, and my budget is low so a nice Jupiet r9 would do the trick until I come across a Takumar or Pentax 85 for a good price.

09-11-2013, 04:47 AM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF Lens Reviews - Samyang Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database

Is a better choice.
09-11-2013, 05:48 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
And at least twice what a Jupiter 9 costs on eBay.
09-11-2013, 06:53 AM   #4

You may look here
But you should know Russian.

09-11-2013, 07:17 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by androsokin Quote
You may look here
But you should know Russian.
That's kind of like a Russian version of Craigslist.

Your easiest bet is probably going to be eBay. I've bought items from Russian eBay sellers before and everything went well. Shipping times are long though. Sometimes Russian lenses pop up in the Marketplace here in the forums.
09-11-2013, 07:19 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Are you in the US? I have been thinking of selling mine.
09-11-2013, 07:26 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by elliott Quote
Are you in the US? I have been thinking of selling mine.
Click on the user name then click view full profile. You will see that the OP is in Sweden...

09-11-2013, 07:36 AM   #8

Original Poster
Good prices, and there is a 50 1.2 russian lens as well
But im not sure if its "safe" to buy from there. :/
09-11-2013, 07:43 AM   #9

Original Poster
Just a quick thought.

I guess there´s some other people here on the forum that would like to try out the russian equipments.
It would be handy to get a "russian supplier" known as "russian connection" to the forum.

For us it would be handy to "order" the stuff that you want and maybe order in group and know its a rilayable source.
And for him he would have a good own sales channel without having to go through ebay all the time.

The reason we go throught ebay is that we dont have any other riliable source to go through, but we could ourselves use a bigger seller there to go safe.
09-11-2013, 07:46 AM   #10

Russian lens helios, russian lenses, russian cameras, jupiter lens, industar lens, cheap lens

Sells on eBay too. Takes PayPal.
09-11-2013, 08:10 AM   #11
Veteran Member

There are some great eBay sellers from Ukraine who deal with Soviet lenses and usually send good copies (cleaned and in working order). Just check their reputation and feedback
09-11-2013, 08:17 AM   #12

Original Poster
Thanks I spotted a few good ones there. Now the question is about go for the old ones or the newer ones.
If equal I go with the old ones, glass and metall is nice.
09-11-2013, 11:21 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In canada

Night Vision Goggles, Rifle Scopes, Binoculars, Cameras, Lenses, Spotting Scopes, Magnifiers

I got the 16mm fisheye for $178. This included all tax, duty and delivery

Shipped direct by post from Russia
09-11-2013, 11:25 AM   #14
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

The main problem with buying Russian lenses new from Russia is that they are amost always gray market. They are imported by you without paying duty* courtesy of your new Russian friend who picked up the lens locally and sent it to you as a gift. The people you buy from serve as middleman only** in an arm's length transaction. As a result, returns/refunds/replacement can be a difficult matter. Care of packaging can also be a problem. (My Jupiter-9 was loose in the box with no caps and only padded by a few sheets of newsprint. The jewel case was there too, only the lens was not in it...go figure.)

Steve

* Import to the United States from Russia through regular channels will more than double the cost of the lens due to incredibly high duties. I don't know about Canada.
** rugift.com and others may indeed have a U.S. or Canadian presence, but generally maintain no inventory and not even a real physical address. There is some risk...PayPal is your friend.

Last edited by stevebrot; 09-11-2013 at 11:33 AM.
09-11-2013, 01:03 PM   #15

Original Poster
Thats exactly what i feel, and also why I was thinking of the idea to establish a reliable connection that the members could order from and know its thrustworthy. But also to get better prices and order different lenses in a package.
For me, i buy from latvia, poland or another EU-country.
No customs.

But for opposite if i buy from a forum member here i could get cought in swedish customs :/