Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-12-2013, 04:01 AM   #1

Pentax DA lens to use on Nikon /Nex

Hi,

I like Pentax glasses and start using some of Tak glass on Nikon D7100/Nex5 as manual focus lens . Focus to infinity is an issue with adapter with glass since it degrade the picture quality.
I have not able to solve that issue but now I have two questions need helping with

1/- I am interest in one of Pentax DA 70mm and plan to buy for using in Nikon/Nex.
Is there any special about DA version which stop me to use on Nikon/Nex via adapter?

2/-In the long run, I might have to get Pentax camera. Since Pentax have several K, M mount - which one I need to get since I have several lens in K & M mount version . Do Pentax have Full Frame camera?

Thanks in advance

09-12-2013, 05:46 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by louis_t1 Quote
Hi
Welcome to the forum.

1/- I am interest in one of Pentax DA 70mm and plan to buy for using in Nikon/Nex.
Is there any special about DA version which stop me to use on Nikon/Nex via adapter?
The lack of aperture ring may be an issue.

2/-In the long run, I might have to get Pentax camera. Since Pentax have several K, M mount - which one I need to get since I have several lens in K & M mount version .
The current DSLR lineup is K500, K50, K5 II, K5 IIs.
There is also the K-01 mirrorless.

Do Pentax have Full Frame camera?
That is a touchy question here!
At the moment, if you want a Pentax "Full Frame" 24x36mm camera,
it will have to use film.
If you want Pentax digital with a larger sensor than APS-C,
there's the 645D, but that won't take K-mount lenses.
09-12-2013, 05:54 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks lytrytyr for a quick answer. WIll check out these recommend DSLRs
09-12-2013, 06:34 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
As long as the adapter can control the aperture there's no problem, otherwise go with lenses with a ring. Why only DA lenses? Often the older ones have much better focusing rings for MF.

The DA70/2.4 is a wonderful lens!

09-16-2013, 05:53 AM   #5

Original Poster
Could Pentax A len used on Nikon body ? if anyone know please let me know this
09-16-2013, 06:19 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Could Pentax A len used on Nikon body ? if anyone know please let me know this
If you don't want infinity focus, or are willing to use an optically corrected adapter, then yes. I'm pretty sure the light meter won't work either.
09-16-2013, 06:25 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
If you don't want infinity focus, or are willing to use an optically corrected adapter, then yes. I'm pretty sure the light meter won't work either.
Thks boriscleto. So I am plan to get Pentax A 300mm F4 - is it K mount or M mount? I only see they have two kind of adapters
09-16-2013, 06:46 AM   #8
Site Supporter

Thks boriscleto. So I am plan to get Pentax A 300mm F4 - is it K mount or M mount? I only see they have two kind of adapters
M mount is for Leica rangefinders. M42 is called Pentax thread mount in the US (or Universal thread mount or Praktica thread mount).

All Pentax slr lenses made after 1975 are K mount.

Pentax K-Mount Lenses Explained: The differences between various Pentax lens series

09-16-2013, 06:54 AM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
M mount is for Leica rangefinders. M42 is called Pentax thread mount in the US (or Universal thread mount or Praktica thread mount).

All Pentax slr lenses made after 1975 are K mount.

Pentax K-Mount Lenses Explained: The differences between various Pentax lens series
Thks boriscleto - It make more sense to me now.

Cheers