Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-27-2008, 09:00 AM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by selar Quote
Ah! No need to test DA70 it seems:

Also, I should note that the 70 works fine with film cameras, without vignetting or loss of resolution.

Pentax | SMCP-DA 70mm f/2.4 Autofocus Lens | 21620 | B&H Photo
Thank you Selar. FWIW, I'm surprised this information isn't out there already (DA70 aside). I speculate that the new glass coming out will all have good FF performance, looking forward to your observations.

Kelly.

03-27-2008, 05:53 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by selar Quote
Instead of all this theorizing, wouldn't it be easier to just mount the DA lenses on a film body and see the result.
As I said, I would like to do it as well. Just, my P3N doesn't allow me to set or know aperture with a DA lens. Just tells me "P" or the exposure time Any suggestion to overcome this?
03-28-2008, 01:28 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
As I said, I would like to do it as well. Just, my P3N doesn't allow me to set or know aperture with a DA lens. Just tells me "P" or the exposure time Any suggestion to overcome this?
Looks like you need aperture ring on P3N's.