Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-21-2013, 02:17 AM   #1

Pentax ME Lense

Hi,

I recently bought a Pentax ME on ebay, it was the body only. I do not know masses about photography, i would like to get a lense for general everyday snaps as i want to carry this camera around with me. I know that is pretty vague, but do you have any suggestions of lenses I could get on ebay or relatively cheaply?

Cheers

Mark

09-21-2013, 03:52 AM   #2

Hi Mark,
Welcome. The ME is a great little camera to start out in the film world and my suggestion would be to get an SMC Pentax M 50 mm f1.7 first up. This was the lens that came bundled with a lot of new MEs and is a great lens that punches far above its weight. They are not expensive in just about any market and are readily available on ebay and the big online dealers like KEH and others. Of course having Pentaxes K- mount there is almost endless choices. About the only lens that don't work are the newest digital lenses that don't have aperture rings and those designed for aps (smaller) sensors. Check out the lens database on the forum for other examples. But most of all have fun looking!
09-21-2013, 05:56 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
+1 for the M50/1.7. Perfect choice for the ME, and a great lens on digital, too.
09-21-2013, 06:33 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome!

Hello Mark, welcome to the Forum!
All add another vote for the fast fifty, an M or A series 50mm f/1.7 is a perfect starter.
As for later lenses (never to soon, it doesn't hurt to look, right!!?) there was a guideline in the film era that still works; For each lens addition, either double or half the focal length you now own. So, if you have a fifty, the next logical size would be either a 25 (28mm would be the closest regular size) or a 100mm.
This allows you to build a kit without big gaps or having sizes that are too similar.
Just an idea for you!
Ron

09-23-2013, 08:08 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I also recommend a 50mm lens.
I have a K50/1.4 as I bought lens and ME seperately.
The M50 is probably a wise choice just because of the more compact size.
The focusing screen is great on the ME. Enjoy.