Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-25-2013, 04:06 AM   #16
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Final outcome with one surprise: I did change DA 50 1.8 to FA 50 1.4. trying out in the shop the creamy bokeh and nice blur of FA sold me for it

21mm Ltd 3.2
35mm DA 2.4
50mm FA 1.4
70mm Ltd 2.4

So now I have basic line up primes and let's see how will I manage with that! Now the only thing left is to go out and try to shoot, shooot, shoooooooottt )

09-25-2013, 04:33 AM   #17
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice line-up! Good to see you haven't forgotten about the second part - the shooting

But I'm sure you will end up with a 15 Ltd too before long
09-25-2013, 04:35 AM   #18
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Good to see you haven't forgotten about the second part - the shooting
This IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
But I'm sure you will end up with a 15 Ltd too before long
Lets see how long I will manage without one
09-27-2013, 12:49 PM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by superdavis Quote
Hi all

This is always hard. I have set up three pathsways within the total price range I can afford.

1. Go primes / Limited being light and simple, but loosing versatility and long end( 1 300 Euro NEW)
a) DA 15 mm Limited
b) DAL 35 mm (already own)
c) DAL 50 mm 1.8
d) DA 70 mm Limited

2. Go for wide and portrait with zooms (1 600 Euro NEW)
a) 12-24 mm - no WR and no SDM
b) Sigma 24 -70 HSM mm (unfortunately no alternative from Pentax )

3. Going Super-Cover-It-All combo ( 1 200 Euro Mint or 1 600 Euro New)
a) DA* 16-50 mm SDM
b) 60-250 mm SDM

Unfortunately there is no ideal combination, because

A) Option 1 - I never have been fully on primes and are worried about lens change and can I get past it, but otherwise would fancy lite and simple gear. Could later add some 100mm macro as well.
B) Option 2 - I really like 12-24 and 24-70 combination as this is interesting set up for wide city and people, but rather bad reviews of Sigma lens put me little bit off (bad bokeh, soft at 70 mm) and both have no WR.
C) Option 3 - would look great but are worried of SDM failures (in Mint case) and also DA* 16-50 being soft and having quite a few distortions. Besides the weight of 60-250 no issues there. Would seem great Silent and WR option for my K-5 and I have good offer for Mint price at the moment.

Thanks for any thoughts that would help me to decide which option to go!

Regards,
Superdavis
Are you looking at coverage or at ceraint lens attributes? What are we guiding you if there is quite limit info on what kind of picture you want to take, what kind of lenses you like, how you like to pack...
Add a companion to your 35. Wide or tele, zoom or large aprture...