Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-25-2013, 08:46 AM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Glad you got the Tak working for you. BTW, the FA 28-105 will AF just fine. I don't thing the power zoom works with the K200D. That was a feature reserved for the high end cameras (*ist D, K10D, K20D, K-7, K-5).

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/lens-sample-photo-archive/196946-super-mu...-f4-5-6-a.html

09-25-2013, 09:30 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Fa28-105 autofocus

Thanks, Boris. I just happen to be very fond of that lens. Some say it's the best 28-105 ever made. Its kind of a big bulky lens, but very cool.
Mine works beautifully except the Powerzoom button fell out. I just put some tape over the whole button. First I pulled out the
electronic prongs under the button so it would lay down more flat. didn't hurt the camera in any way. Glad to hear it autofocuses (couldn't remember).
I had paid $115. for it used. I know my Tak 55mm 1.8 cost $56. used. Money well spent for that little gem. Warm regards, Freddy
P.S. I'm delighted with my new K30. I'm buying the DA35mm 2.4 AL lens soon, which will fill my need for a good everyday wide angle. Along with that and my DA16-45 and my
Sigma 50mm 2.4 EX macro lens I'm pretty much set.( I also have the Da50-200) The other, vintage lenses, I just like to use now and then to enjoy using the great glass.
09-25-2013, 09:36 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by fevbusch Quote
Thanks, Boris. I just happen to be very fond of that lens. Some say it's the best 28-105 ever made. Its kind of a big bulky lens, but very cool.
Mine works beautifully except the Powerzoom button fell out. I just put some tape over the whole button. First I pulled out the
electronic prongs under the button so it would lay down more flat. didn't hurt the camera in any way. Glad to hear it autofocuses (couldn't remember).
I had paid $115. for it used. I know my Tak 55mm 1.8 cost $56. used. Money well spent for that little gem. Warm regards, Freddy
P.S. I'm delighted with my new K30. I'm buying the DA35mm 2.4 AL lens soon, which will fill my need for a good everyday wide angle. Along with that and my DA16-45 and my
Sigma 50mm 2.4 EX macro lens I'm pretty much set.( I also have the Da50-200) The other, vintage lenses, I just like to use now and then to enjoy using the great glass.
Boris, I just checked out your amazing 28-105 shots on Flickr. That's what I'm talkin' about.
The hummingbird moth shots are astonishing. I hope to shoot one someday. love the deer peeking thru the rushes. Thanks for the treat, Freddy
09-25-2013, 01:00 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Tak 55 on K200D

Attached is one of my own personal favorite photos, that I took today after finally starting to understand my Tak manual lens.
I love the general IQ...color, bokeh, sharpness and just something special about the lens. Freddy

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K200D  Photo 
09-25-2013, 01:56 PM   #20
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by fevbusch Quote
Steve, YOUR M METHOD DID IT!!!
Glad to be of service!