Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-06-2013, 05:18 AM   #1

Soligor mount type? Works on Pentax

Not sure about this mount. It's on a Soligor C/D 200mm F/2.8 which I acquired in a large lot of old camera gear. It works fine on my K-30, but the mount is different, as it has no notch to lock it in place. Anyone know more about this?

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
10-06-2013, 05:53 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Maybe its just a broken/modified K mount? Make sure there is no dirt on it, that would prevent proper locking into place
But other mounts can also be similar, like the Sigma mount. Maybe an adaptall mount..
10-06-2013, 05:59 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
It looks like its an M42 lens (no locking notch) that someone has mounted an M42-K mount adapter to the back of. The mount may just be twisted on tightly to the back of the lens (easily tightened by twisting the lens cap) or it could be permantly affixed with locktite or glue. The locking spring that would normally be on the adapter to hold it in the camera has been removed to effectively convert this lens from a screw mount to a K mount for convenience.
10-06-2013, 06:11 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Odinz Quote
It looks like its an M42 lens (no locking notch) that someone has mounted an M42-K mount adapter to the back of. The mount may just be twisted on tightly to the back of the lens (easily tightened by twisting the lens cap) or it could be permantly affixed with locktite or glue. The locking spring that would normally be on the adapter to hold it in the camera has been removed to effectively convert this lens from a screw mount to a K mount for convenience.
Yes, the M42-to-K adapter makes sense. And looking closely at the lens it does appear to be an adapter glued on. Was just a little disconcerting to attach the lens and not hear the "click" to lock it in place. Lens works beautifully though. Thanks for your insight.

10-06-2013, 06:35 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Some might say that what you have is the ideal setup. If the locking clip was in place, the adapter would stay on the body but the lens itself would just unscrew, then you'd need to take the separate step of removing the adapter from the body every time. The locking clip makes more sense for someone who has a lot of M42 lenses, and maybe wants to dedicate a K-mount body to using those.

I have only one M42 so I've removed the spring clip, so the adapter will stay on the lens (kinda sorta). I haven't had the guts to glue it in place onto the lens, although sometimes I wish I did.
10-06-2013, 11:16 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I think itīs a Nikon F mount because of the lack of a hole for the locking pin
10-06-2013, 04:04 PM   #7

By the looks of it it is definately a M42 - K adapter with the spring clip removed screwed on. Looking at the back of the lens it appears that the rear mount of the actual lens is easily removed (4 screws) and it has a similar or larger outside diameter than the standard K. You should be able to remove the rear section and mill a small slot in the appropriate position for the Pentax K locking pin and you have a nice secure 'normal' K mount lens. Using the adapters without the spring clip is not really a good idea. Especially on bigger lenses if you value the lens as they can remove themselves very easily when you least expect it. Another thing I would be a little concerned about is using on a body with screw drive auto focus .... the location of the screws looks like it could allow the screw drive to drop in and bind on screw holes.