Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-09-2013, 06:44 AM   #1

Worried about Ricoh 105 mm f 2.8 Rikenon P Macro Pentax K mount for Pentax k 30

Hello everyone! Excited being here and putting my first post on this very informative forum..

I have bought Ricoh 105 mm f 2.8 Rikenon P Macro Pentax K mount (Kirno / Vivitar) for my Pentax k 30 for 150$ its yet to arrive but there are horror stories of people who got an old Ricoh manual focus lens stuck on their Pentax AF cameras because of Ricoh's infamous pin, so worried about that !! please let me know if this specific lens has a pin on it and do i need to remove it before putting on camera...Please let me know in case there is, after removing will itwork absolutely well on my K 30...thanks in advance!! also let me know the price I paid was fine for this lens.

10-09-2013, 07:26 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
All the P series lenses have a 'Ricoh' pin. Whether it will get stuck depends on what type of pin it is. If it is wide and rounded nub it will not get stuck. If it is a narrow straight sided pin it might get stuck. Post a picture of the mount when you get the lens and someone will be able to tell you if it is safe or not. You only have to remove it if it is the dangerous kind.
10-09-2013, 09:27 AM   #3

They're really easy to remove anyway. I've done at least 5 of them.

There are good instructions with pictures just a google search away.