Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-20-2013, 04:56 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Surely not... the Sigma 150mm macro in Pentax mount (false alarm sorry)

Hi guys,
I have all but fully moved over to Nikon now - and I was just looking for the best price on the Sigma 150mm macro and I came across eGlobal - a store a lot of you will know, and it had a price of $915 for the Sigma 150mm macro, and to my surprise, added $54 in Nikon mount! BUT, that's not what I noticed most - what I noticed was that it added $30 in PENTAX mount.
I was sure that K mount copies of this were scarce so I went and checked - and according to the lens database, this lens was actually never produced in Pentax mount.
Now, yes, in all probability - eGlobal's website is wrong. But it's strange that it added $30, not the "default" $20 and not the same $54 that it added for Nikon. To me, that would suggest someone had done it manually based on the cost price of the item. Could it be that they actually have it?

If someone tried ordering it and they don't, you'll just get your money back in a few days (Paypal kindly hang on to it for no good reason)... worth a try for you Pentaxians?

Sigma APO 150mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Macro :: Sigma :: Lenses - eGlobaL Digital Cameras Online Store

Last edited by Quazimoto; 10-20-2013 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Incorrect
10-20-2013, 05:28 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Quazimoto Quote
... worth a try for you Pentaxians?
Sure! Go for it Quazi'

Steve
10-20-2013, 07:17 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Sure! Go for it Quazi'

Steve
I said for PENTAXIANS... of which I am no longer.
10-20-2013, 07:49 PM   #4
Pentaxian

I wish

I have made inquiries within the past month and one was optimistic and the other poured cold water on whether sigma would produce it in K mount.

When the new model was announced and on their website it included the pentax Kmount and barcode. Reference to a Kmount disappeared before the lens was released.

I think I was also told the macro 150 could not use the sigma mount changing service to convert to Kmount.

10-20-2013, 08:03 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob from Aus Quote
I think I was also told the macro 150 could not use the sigma mount changing service to convert to Kmount.
Yeah that mount changing service seems to be just about the most useless service to have ever existed since: they don't actually change a lens over to a given mount unless it ALREADY EXISTS in that mount. So if you happen to end up with a Canon mount Sigma lens that you need in Nikon mount, you could send it to them to get changed... or you could just sell the Canon one and buy a Nikon one. Wow.
10-20-2013, 10:38 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Quazimoto Quote
I said for PENTAXIANS... of which I am no longer.
You have my sincerest sympathy.

Steve