Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-30-2013, 07:14 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Shaking up the camera bag a bit...

My photography mojo is starting to come back after being missing for way too long.

I'm evaluating the contents of my camera bag to see if some tweaking of the lens lineup might be in order.

The one lens that stays on the camera most of the time is my Sigma 17-70 OS (you can see the rest of my lens lineup in my sig). My photographic interests include nature, landscape, macro, and travel.

One thing that bugs me is that I rarely use my DA 55-300. I am starting to question whether or not it's really worth keeping when I use it so rarely.

One solution that I'm considering is to pick up the Sigma 18-250 to replace both the 17-70 and the 55-300. I've looked at the reviews and have seen some images and I'm really impressed. By replacing both lenses with this one, that would free up some funds I could use for a nice small walk-around prime (DA 35 macro or DA 40.

The thought of picking up a DA 18-135 has crossed my mind too. Picking up a longer macro that could be used for tele might also be a solution.

Opinions please! TIA.

10-30-2013, 08:25 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The DA 18-135 would give you WR, but not everyone needs that feature.

Why you don't use the DA 55-300 is a key point. If you just don't need say 100-300mm, an 18-250 is not necessary. But if you just don't want to change lenses a lot, then the 18-250 is a better fit.