Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-01-2008, 01:28 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Contax Zeiss Planar 85/1.4 on K10D

I'm trying to scale down my collection at the moment so I have to part with this excellent lens and the Contax Distagon 28, since my current Pentax lenses get much more love .

This lens basically has the same optical design as the new Zeiss Planar ZK 85/1.4. The new one has a little better coating so you can expect a little improvement in the performance. I took a few sample shots today so any Zeiss-lover, Pentax shooter out there can get an idea of this excellent lens on the K10D. These will also serve as sample shots for my sale.

I apologize for all of these generic flower shots, but that's all my backyard can offer .

Wide Open:

Flower

100% Crop:

Garden's Lamps:

100% Crop:

Flower Garden:

100% Crop:

F/5.6:

Fake Owl:

Crop:

I'm gonna sell this lens for around $450-$500. What do you guys think?

04-01-2008, 02:24 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I regret that I have to resist the temptation, but the shots are very nice! And your backyard is prettier than mine. ;-)

Good luck,

Will
04-01-2008, 04:15 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
While I would like nothing better than to have all the same lenses now that I had when I owned a Contax system, I've had no luck so far in finding anybody giving them away!

That said, nice pics, awesome glass and good luck with your sale. Based on what the new ZK is going for, I'd say you'll have no problem selling it.

BTW. I once had the chance to use a Planar 85mm f1.2 with my Contax RTS II. When I looked thru the viewfinder I thought somebody had turned on a light!
04-01-2008, 04:29 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Like the others, I would love to have a lens like that, but the financial side is an all other thing. Nevertheless, I think you will have no trouble selling it.

Very nice pics! Txs for sharing...

(how I would love to use one of those just for a moment... Guess that won't happen anytime soon. Why don't I win the lottery? Oh wait, I know, I don't play the lottery.... )

04-01-2008, 04:58 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you all. I hope the sale would go well .

QuoteOriginally posted by Groundloop Quote
BTW. I once had the chance to use a Planar 85mm f1.2 with my Contax RTS II. When I looked thru the viewfinder I thought somebody had turned on a light!
You're so lucky, I've never had a chance to touch any of the Jahre before. I wonder if Zeiss would ever reincarnate one of these beasts. To me, they're like myths. I've not seen any test between these Jahre and the rest of the world. But at their price tags, I hope they do seriously carry some dark-art magic in them. In the meantime, I love my Pentax .
04-03-2008, 07:53 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I can see that your LBA is ever-lasting. The shots are definitely the proof about how wonderful this lens is. I often wonder why lens like this one costs so much!

Would love to see more macro from you
04-03-2008, 09:53 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks James. I would definitely have more coming. It's the rose season after all.