Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-08-2013, 05:27 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Exakta-PK adapter?

Some people said it's impossible to have a Exakta-PK adapter because of the registry-distance issue. But, I just found this one selling on Amazon and advertized to be able to focus to infinity.

How do you think of this? Thanks for your opinion in advance.

11-08-2013, 05:32 PM   #2
Inactive Account

I'm also curious. I checked fleabay, there seems to be a few lenses made by Exakta in Pentax K mount. I wonder if those were originally made in PK mount or later modified? The ones I found are used (older lenses) so hard to tell. An adapter like that would make all Exakta lenses usable on Pentax bodies.
11-08-2013, 05:47 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tripodquest Quote
I'm also curious. I checked fleabay, there seems to be a few lenses made by Exakta in Pentax K mount. I wonder if those were originally made in PK mount or later modified?
Those aren't really Exakta lenses, they are just lenses from manufacturers like Cosina with the Exakta name on them. They were not made in Germany.

That adapter on Amazon has optics in it to correct for the registration distance, this will degrade image quality and acts like a teleconverter.
11-08-2013, 05:50 PM   #4
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by elliott Quote
Those aren't really Exakta lenses, they are just lenses from manufacturers like Cosina with the Exakta name on them. They were not made in Germany.

That adapter on Amazon has optics in it to correct for the registration distance, this will degrade image quality and acts like a teleconverter.
oh okay, thanks for the information.

11-08-2013, 06:03 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
RioRico had a non-destructive modification for Exakta lenses.

ANNOUNCING: Easy cheap non-destructive Exakta-Pentax adapter
11-09-2013, 02:54 AM   #6

I have one. Yes it goes infinity. I though it did not have any glass when I bought it but it has and it is removable. With the glass remove you can use it as a macro. It does not affect the IQ but I guess just a little. I used it to mount my Topcon 135mm f3.5 which I won on ebay in pursuit of the most 3D lens available on old glass. I was withholding this info since I want to get the Topcon 58mm f1.4 or 1.8 first before posting but ...I changed my mind because I already have the Cosina 55mm f1.2 which is one of my favorite 3D lens.

Here are pictures taken using the adapter. Guess which picture was taken w/ the adapter w/ the glass remove and one with the glass inserted for infinity focus.

11-09-2013, 06:49 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Top pic with adapter. Bottom pic without adapter.

11-09-2013, 07:26 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster

Hi elliott, thanks a lot for your information. I didn't figure out that there is optics inside. and that's the key point.

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
RioRico had a non-destructive modification for Exakta lenses.

ANNOUNCING: Easy cheap non-destructive Exakta-Pentax adapter
I read this useful article already, and I know there is Topcor/M42 DIY kit on evilbay. Thanks.
11-13-2013, 02:18 PM   #9
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Those aren't really Exakta lenses, they are just lenses from manufacturers like Cosina with the Exakta name on them.
Exacta did not make lenses, though many lenses were made in Exakta mount.

Steve