Photos: Gallery
An example of DA*50-135/2.8 in use

11-10-2013, 04:05 AM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by nhatdung Quote
yes, he does shot 1 times only
@all : i didn't search for 85mm lens, he also do it use 50mm and i see the picture very nice. I also try 50-135 before and all those lens is good to take half body portraits only
As I've told you, I don't think its possible this is one shot at all.
If it is, then its processed with a blur filter of some sort.

I have Canon 5D (FF) with 85/1.8 and its simply impossible to get that DOF as shown with that sort of full body framing (and 2 persons) even with it.

Here are 2 examples with 5D and 85/1.8.

So as you can see, the framing isn't even as wide as the example you have shown and this is already FF with a similar focal length and aperture lens.
11-10-2013, 05:36 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Using an 85 mm and some math shggests your friend is 12.7 meters from the subject,
11-10-2013, 06:30 AM   #19

Original Poster
okay, thanks everybody i will try find a 85mm lens and c if it solve my problem or not hehe

11-10-2013, 07:12 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you want to replicate your friend's style. Get him to teach you. It can be done with a Pentax DSLR as well, if you know how to do it.
11-10-2013, 07:40 AM   #21
Pentaxian

The depth of field appearing in the photograph has as much to do with the location of the shoot as the the gear. There is really nothing behind the subjects that would be partially in focus other than some sidewalk and curb to the left. It's also a simple thing to brush in some some artificial "blur" in PP to some areas if needed. A crowded street scene and the OP's example are a world apart. The photographer chose that location because he could get the effect he or she wanted.
11-10-2013, 09:01 AM   #22
Veteran Member

I think that the following in the opening post has been overlooked by all.
every time i try to take picture like this my lens goes to infinity range and bokeh gone...
Your camera just seems to be missing what you want to focus on; no other lens will help you to solve that problem. Which AF settings do you use? Center, 5 point, ...? Also be aware that the 'center' focus point is about the size of the 'braces' on the screen. So it can focus on anything it sees in there.

11-10-2013, 10:42 AM   #23
Veteran Member

okay, thanks everybody i will try find a 85mm lens and c if it solve my problem or not hehe
If you're looking for an inexpensive 85mm - Samyang/Rokinon 85mm f/1.4 is a bargain - but it is manual.

Similarly - I've found with my copy of the 85mm f/1.4 - you pretty much can't use it wide open in daylight - even with ISO 100 - too much light - even at 1/6000. Also, f/1.4 @ 85mm is VERY tricky on the street without a tripod. Depressing the shutter or moving a few millimeters puts the subject out of focus - so its not for action shots!

I've had some luck between f/2.0 and f/4.0 with my copy of the Rokinon 85mm f/1.4
11-10-2013, 10:52 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote
As I've told you, I don't think its possible this is one shot at all.
If it is, then its processed with a blur filter of some sort.

I have Canon 5D (FF) with 85/1.8 and its simply impossible to get that DOF as shown with that sort of full body framing (and 2 persons) even with it.
spot on.. the shot was processed for sure - clearly visible line of blurred road surface right at the bottom of the photo tells me that some brushes were used to achieve that effect because the transition isn't smooth enough to be caused by the lens alone. So yeah I bet the DOF was simulated in PP - but 'friend' feels clever and doesn't want to share :P