Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-04-2008, 04:57 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by hwblanks Quote
I've been doing some thinking about where I want my lens roadmap to go (it seems as if I've been doing a lot of wandering around lately) and while there's a part of me that would eventually love to have the 31, another part of me can't quite stomach spending $850 for a new one.
Heather,

Since you are a neighbor (within a couple hundred miles), I would be willing to loan you my 31mm for a week if you want to pay postage and insurance both ways. Why? Because there is no replacement for the 31Ltd. Sorry! The closest would be the 35mm/2.

Besides, I never paid that much! I got a nice used one for about 70% of that price!

04-04-2008, 05:28 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by hwblanks Quote
the FA28 wins hands-down at 6.5oz., but I would need to see some more pics
If you haven't been there already, there are a handful more at Pixel Peeper. Maybe a couple of them would provide something useful.
04-04-2008, 07:13 PM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by Shashinki Quote
i vote sigma 30mm 1.4! their 28mm is a tad too big and bulky for my tastes.
the price you pay for better across-the-frame sharpness, very little PF, and almost no CA. At f2.
04-04-2008, 09:52 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TomInJax Quote
Heather,

Since you are a neighbor (within a couple hundred miles), I would be willing to loan you my 31mm for a week if you want to pay postage and insurance both ways. Why? Because there is no replacement for the 31Ltd. Sorry! The closest would be the 35mm/2.

Besides, I never paid that much! I got a nice used one for about 70% of that price!
Tom,
How sweet of you! Like I've said before, this purchase will be a ways off, but I'll definitely keep your offer in mind.

According to my calculation, you paid $595 for the 31--how in the world did you manage to get a deal like that? The used 31s I've seen here have been going for a good bit more than that.

At any rate, I can't afford anything right now, so I'm in the saving mode. I also want to get a mid-tele prime; I'm leaning towards the DFA 100/2.8 macro at this point, for both the 1:1 macro and the fact that it'll work on my K1000. I'd love to have a 77, also, but the money only goes so far. While I'm saving, I'm going to monitor my lens usage more closely and see what it is that I'm using the most and make a decision based on that. Maybe I'll decide that I don't need a 1:1 macro after all--who knows.

Anybody who complains that Pentax doesn't have enough lenses for them doesn't know what they're talking about. Between the old and newer ones, there are enough of them out there to make my head spin.

Heather