Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-28-2013, 11:04 AM   #1
Site Supporter

OM Zuiko to Pentax K - perhaps I'm stupid

I have an OM mount Tokina ATX 90mm 2.5 macro (the Bokina) that has been gathering (external) dust for years. It was my all time favorite lens. I had originally looked for adapters but didn't find anything that looked right. This adapter showed up on Amazon. There is supposedly a list of compatible lenses which I could not find. I also sincerely doubt that this is going to focus at infinity even though fotodiox guarantees this for zuiko lens. However, I'm thinking that if it fits at all, I'll have a nice portrait lens of 135mm that might focus between macro and 15ft. I'll follow up when I snap this on to my K-30 and take a few test shots.

Last edited by kernos; 11-28-2013 at 11:07 AM. Reason: attempt to clear 90mm autolink that is wrong.
11-28-2013, 11:25 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour,

Yes, please follow up and let us know ... I have some OM glass (+ Zuiko's) that might be fun to use with this adapter ... Salut, J

11-28-2013, 11:29 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kernos Quote
I have an OM mount Tokina ATX 90mm 2.5 macro (the Bokina) that has been gathering (external) dust for years. It was my all time favorite lens. I had originally looked for adapters but didn't find anything that looked right. This adapter showed up on Amazon. There is supposedly a list of compatible lenses which I could not find. I also sincerely doubt that this is going to focus at infinity even though fotodiox guarantees this for zuiko lens. However, I'm thinking that if it fits at all, I'll have a nice portrait lens of 135mm that might focus between macro and 15ft. I'll follow up when I snap this on to my K-30 and take a few test shots.
I believe that the mount to focal plane distance is less on the zuiko lenses than on Pentax/Nikon. The adapter in your link appears to have a glass element in it. I think you would be underwhelmed by the results of the combination, but for $45 you could give it a try.
11-28-2013, 11:36 AM   #4
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
... but for $45 you could give it a try.
Yeah, I saw the elements, too ... but, de-glassed it might be "worthy" ... I have used a de-glassed FD/PK adapter and had some fun with it ... here it is on a FD 50/1.8 and a low light wide open experiment shot ... just got a FD 50/1.4, so I need to try it out as well ... Salut, J

11-28-2013, 01:27 PM   #5
Dan

There is a Leitax replacement mount for Olympus-to-Pentax conversions. This is a "glass-free" conversion that will still give you infinity focus. It's a bit more expensive than the adapter you asked about, but it will certainly give you far superior results:

Olympus OM lens for Pentax cameras

Dan